23

Roger arrived, picked us up and drove us to his apartment. I found Hero in the backseat of the car, sat next to him and we were exchanging glances and laughter, while taking my hand to caress and play with my fingers, things that Hero does. When we arrived, we went by elevator to the apartment and Roger said:

"The writers event is coming, isn't it? The... Book Bonanza?"

"Yes! I already confirmed that we were going! It will be in Dallas and two days before we start shooting." Anna spoke in a mixture of excitement and despair. Book Bonanza is an event where readers can chat with some writers and the money raised at the end goes to some institution.

"Anna, I'll have to do some things before the movie, is it okay for you if I not to go with you?"

"Of course not Jô, but are things serious?"

"No... Nonsense! I'll tell you later..." She understood the signal I made for her. I needed to prepare for the movie and would use these last days for it.

"Hero goes with me isn't it? Fans would be upset if it's not at least one of you..."

"Yes I will", Hero looked at me, he was serious, I think he was expecting me to go with them.

"So what is the big problem that even needed our help to solve?"

Hero asked sitting on the couch, we did the same and Roger brought a box with him, opened it and turned it toward us, in the center of the table, many puzzle pieces fell in front of us.

"I don't believe, Roger."

Anna was the first to laugh and then us.

"This puzzle has 5,000 pieces, one big problem, you will helping me solve it and we will agree that until we finish it we will not solve this problem."

We all understood Roger's idea but couldn't stop laughing. We spent some time solving the puzzle together.

As Anna and Roger chose what to order, Hero approached me.

"You don't know who I met, Louise Lombard, who is going to make my mother in the movie!"

"Seriously?"

"Yes, I believe you will meet her in between these days with the others at the new casting."

Louise was one of the first I discovered as a new character in After 2, the first was Trevor, who when the audience knew that the character would be Dylan Sprouse, they all went wild, I think we'll get along great! Hero already knew him from a fashion show they did together.

Seeing Hero happy and excited made me feel very good too. We ordered food and spent a great night. All the time Hero was close to me, but we promised not to show our approach. Everything was going very well, and I thought Hero and I would have a moment together today, but Roger had a brilliant idea, and told his plan to us:

"So Hero agreed to stay here with me on these last days of 'vacation' to study the new Hardin deeply and hear some tips for the movie."

We were all silent for a while, staring at the floor, until Anna replied:

"Nice!"

That chilled me inside, why that now? I wanted to train with him, train our lines, have him around in this moment... Wait Jô... What was happening to me... Hero is nothing mine... On the contrary, it is my friend! That! I was unable to reason.

"The cool thing is that this idea will help the couple a lot to the beginning of the movie, it will be like a lab, a test between the actors, the characters are facing the distance right now, it will help you a lot!" Roger says so surely that it makes everything seem simpler...

"I thought a great idea!" Anna said. "It will be great, Hero gets his tips during those days and I help Jô! Perfect."

"Yeah... Great idea..." I also said not to be against, I hope them didn't notice that I didn't agree with all this.

"Yeah... When Roger asked I thought it was weird at first but thinking about it will be great for the characters anyway."

"Agreed then, by the time I take you, Hero picks up some things for him to spend the rest of these days with me."

We spent the evening together, still in the room of the apartment, which was small but comfortable, I sat next to Anna, I thought that after everything that happened between Hero and me, and having agreed to stay with Roger these days, It was best give more space for him.

We watched some parts of the movie "Cruel Intentions", and Roger gave us tips and some ideas for After 2. Hero kept looking at me and laughing at me... He knew that 'Roger's plan' had messed with me, and I was not very well, I wanted to go to my room and sleep, I was tired and irritated by a silly situation, which I know was the most correct for the moment.