Ch. 43 - Blood Power And Desire

Start from the beginning

"It's García and his men," I said confidently, as the rest of them joined me in the main factory.

"I thought those Neo Nazis don't work with non-whites?" Da'mon spat.

"Heh!" I chuckled while running a hand through my hair, my skin looking more pallid as usual under the bright lights of the building as I commented, "For the right price, anyone can be bought."

In that moment, Vincent entered with some of the other Calvetti men, "You were right, boss. Brian and the rest of the Road Crows are gone. Their compound is deserted, they're definitely hiding out somewhere."

"Shit!" James cursed as he placed his hands on his hips. Letting out a breath, he asked to no one in particular, "What do we do now?"

"You mean besides upping security and being more vigilant?" Raeni answered sarcastically.

"I've always loved female pragmatism..." I said with a smirk before continuing in a more serious tone as I turned to address the group as a whole, "We need to find Tanner and his men, find out what deal they made with García. I'm pretty sure the bikers are the ones selling the cocaine on the street on behalf of the Sonora Cartel."

Glancing at Vincent, he nodded, confirming my assumption.

Speaking up Aleksandr said, "It makes sense the Cartel would use one of the lower gangs within Aelbank City to do their dirty work. The Road Crows have the numbers, if the Cartel is financing them, they'd have the money to arm themselves and be a real threat. Not to mention Brian has a special hard-on for Raeni and Da'mon, so he'd jump at the opportunity to cause trouble."

Raeni crossed her arms over her chest, "If it's a war he wants, it's a war he'll get!"

"I think that was established the minute they shot at us tonight," Da'mon stated simply, "I say we send some men to scour the borders and interrogate some of the other biker crews, someone must have seen something. Like Dominic said, for the right price anyone can be bought, I'm sure if we offer the right amount, somebody will be able to give us some kind of information."

Tilting my head slightly, I remained silent as I listened. My hands were in my pants pockets while my blue eyes filtered back and forth between the various people as everyone spoke in turns, offering suggestions.

"It's safe to say that we'll need to keep an extra eye on Leconte and Ms. Dixon's properties, that will be our best chance at catching them. The problem with that though is we'll be spreading ourselves a bit thin, which is something I don't want to do," I glowered at the thought then added, "but complaining is silly, we either act or we don't."

The other mafia bosses all voiced their agreement and we swiftly finished finalising our plans.

With quick steps, I walked back to the black SUV, with Vincent at my side. My mind shifted gears as soon as I left the building and immediately, my gloved hand reached into my jacket pocket to retrieve my mobile phone.

As expected, there was a text message from Jade.

I also noted that there was another notification on my screen; it was my turn to play. For the last few months, especially when things got busy, Jade and I had taken to playing Scrabble online.

Trying to hide the smile that threatened to spread across my face, I coughed to mask it as I played my turn, then went to read her message.

Jade:
"Hey old man, it's been your turn to play for like 8hrs now, chop chop lol.
I hope that the meeting went well and you guys got the information you needed."

Dominic:
"Old man? Hmm, last I checked
this old man had you walking
with a limp."

Jade:
"True... 🧎‍♀️🥵"