Ch. 19 - Play Date

Start from the beginning

"It wasn't a problem all those years ago, why is it a problem now?" the Haitian asked in slight frustration.

Resting my head on his strong chest, my long nails scraped the muscles of his abdomen while I enjoyed the feel of his beautiful ebony skin. I wished that we could stay like this forever, but unfortunately some things in life did not always work out the way we wanted them to.

Letting out a sigh, I said, "You know why! Back then, we were young and carefree teens with no responsibilities. Things are different now."

When we had first started dating, my father was the head of our organisation. At the time, Da'mon was just a young lowly street thug, so of course, my father did not approve. However, he thought it was just some silly phase that we would outgrow, so he did not bother to press the issue too much.

Da'mon exhaled deeply as he replied, "I love you, Raeni; I've always loved you; I will always love you! Which is why I worked my ass off and created my own organisation. I wanted to become strong and successful, be a man that was deserving of you."

"I know," I murmured as he held one of my hands in his.

"Neither of us could have foreseen that some of my members would go against my orders and attack your father. Of course, it didn't help that he left his empire to you and not your younger brother Rashard," he reflected as his other hand stroked my back.

"Indeed," I sighed once more then said, "and that history is why we can't risk either of our subordinates finding out about us. This is why we need to hide..."

"But we're not rivals anymore, Raeni! With the Calvetti alliance, we have all been working together for almost a decade. Surely, more than enough time has passed so that we can stop hiding now? I mean, Dominic knows about us, and has no problem with it Once it doesn't interfere with the business, he doesn't care what we do!" Da'mon stated.

I remained silent for a few seconds, taking my time to reply, "I just think that it's what's best for now. There is still lingering tension between our two factions regardless of the alliance. I just don't want to cause any unnecessary division from within our own ranks. And you and I both know if anything begins to mess with what has been built over the years, Dominic will kill us both, without hesitation."

"Fine!" he gruffly answered, knowing that I was right.

"Don't fine me, you know I speak the truth. Especially since he's always going on about not letting negligence and pussy interfere with business. You know very well the first time he ever said that years ago, he was subtly aiming it at us," I said as I touched my nose to his.

Da'mon then playfully slapped my naked behind as he said, "True... But must you be so mean to me in public? I sometimes forget that you love me."

I could not help the giggle that escaped me as I retorted, "Can you blame me when you side with James and say stupid shit? Besides, we've been through so much, how can you even question my love for you?"

"Clearly you've never been on the receiving end of your fiery tongue. Not to mention the way you glare at me sometimes. Woman, you are scary!" Da'mon said, his eyebrows arched high.

Laughing some more, I shook my head, "You're so cute when you're ready. We've been together since forever, so even if I bite your head off, just know that I love you still, no matter what. After all, 'what a fi yu, cyaan be un fi yu' don't ever forget that..."

The Jamaican saying meant 'what is yours will always be yours' and Da'mon knew that he was the only man I had ever loved.

He hummed in acknowledgement and kissed the top of my head. He loved my buzz-cut hairstyle, and would always rub and massage my head whenever he got the chance. His fingers were absolute magic.

No one knew that the head of the Jamaican mafia and the leader of the Haitian mob were having a secret affair. Of course, due to our history, everyone knew that we had been childhood sweethearts, but it was thought to be all in the past.

We had been together for over twenty years, having started dating in our early teens. However, things had changed when Da'mon rose to power and created his own gang. Using his influence, he had challenged my father, wanting to show the man that he had what it took to be an efficient mobster and a worthy husband to his daughter.

Unfortunately, some Haitians misunderstood their orders and attacked one of the Jamaicans' strongholds, killing a few of our members. This resulted in a gang feud between the two factions, one that waged on for years until Dominic stepped in.

Since the attack, Da'mon and I had to hide our relationship. But we had made plans to go back to the Caribbean, leaving everything behind.

However, we never got to escape as my father had suddenly passed away.

With his dying breath, he surprisingly gave me the reigns to his empire, and as such I had a duty and responsibility to continue his legacy. Even though I had proven myself to be a more suitable heir than Rashard, I always thought that my father would have passed the reigns on to my younger brother, who had since moved back to Jamaica.

Nonetheless, I could not deny my father's wishes, and secretly I had always wanted to be given a chance to prove that women were just as capable as men in running a mafia organisation.

So, putting my own feelings aside, I stepped up as the head of the Jamaican mafia and had been running it ever since. But Da'mon would not be swayed. He loved me and was happy for my success, choosing to be with me in secret, stating that he would take me anyway he could.

Pushing my thoughts away, I shifted on his lap, "Come on, let's not waste the few hours we have talking about such things. Don't let business interfere with pussy..." I ended with a wink.

"Yes, Ma'am, I believe that I catch up on giving you your monthly quota of orgasms," he teased me as his hands caressed my thick thighs before holding on to the delicious curve of my hips.

"I like the sound of that," my grin was wide as I leaned down and kissed him.

——————————

A/N: Where would your dream vacation be?