I - XV (2):「A Stroll in the Forbidden Forest」

Start from the beginning

"Go away." He said, slowly and almost like a warning.

Of course, like the stupid nut I am, I didn't take his warning and kept pestering him. I mean, that's what I'm good at anyway.

"You see, a thought occurred in my mind as I wrote the essay about the paralyzing potion; potions are usually drank straight from their containers but you can mix them with something else, can't you?" I ask curiously, paying no heed at the potion master gritting his teeth in anger.

"And may I ask why you're asking such things, miss/mister Rosewood?" He asked through his teeth.

"I'm just asking because I'm curious. I mean, you can slip a love potion in a food right? Would it be the same when it comes to other potions and would it greatly decrease the supposed effects of it when it mixes with other potions?" I shrug while making weird hand gestures while rambling on to an adult, who looks like he's more than happy to feed me to Fluffy if it mean that I won't bother him ever again in his life.

"If I answer your ridiculous question, would you leave me alone for the rest of the year?" He asked and I just gave him a look, wondering why the hell would he want me to stay away from him so bad.

"That's quite harsh, sir. I mean, do you really expect me to just not ask you if I'm having troubles or do not understand anything in your class?" I saw one of his eye twitch in annoyance at this but he still didn't dare to look at me.

"You, being a brainless dimwit in my class, is not my concern. It is your fault for spacing out or not taking any notes in my class, miss/mister Rosewood." He said, which caught me by surprise and made me feel nervous as he does see me space out in class sometimes and then later, asking Alem for help.

"E-Eh, you noticed all of that?" I sweat drop while rubbing my arm nervously.

"I may be old but I'm not stupid, miss/mister Rosewood." He answered monotonously.

We were both silent for a moment since I didn't know how to respond to him.

It's not everyday your head and your teacher tells you that they notice your behaviors in their class.

It's embarrassing to say the least and I'm not even a part of this goddamn world.

"...sir, do you really not have any mercy for an 11 year old child?" I frown a bit but I swear I could've sworn a ghost of a smile gracing his chapped, dry lips.

It's Snape, why do I even assume that he smiles?

"Well, are you even an 11 year old child?" He asked a weird question, and all I could do was look at him with an eyebrow raised and my frown replaced with my mouth slightly open.

"Excuse me?"

...

...

...

"Yes, you may mix most potions in edible things, as long as the potion does not contain any major harmful effects for the drinker." He suddenly answered my question, which really surprised me but I didn't complain.

I need this information anyway.

"For example, a love potion can only make the person fall in love with the caster, that is why you can insert it inside food, but if you slip in a Draught of the Living Dead in an edible food, expect it to melt before a second even passes by." Snape explained and I could only nod while listening to the potions master intently to keep the information inside my brain.

"The effects will be less potent, but I assure you that it'll do just the same." He continued, earning him another nod from me.

"And if it mixes with other potions?" I ask.