Ch. 10 - Being The Villain

Start from the beginning

I had not spoken to Jade since our kiss in the library.

The action itself had shocked me more than I cared to acknowledge. I had just intended to give her a quick peck, but it ended up being so much more than that. The way her body had responded to me fuelled a desire in me that I did not even know was possible.

Who would have thought that I would have been moved by something as simple as a kiss? Then again, nothing about the kiss we shared was simple, and I could not get the feel of her lips out of my mind.

Truth be told, I had never kissed another person before.

I grunted as I pocketed my knife, and got off the elevator in order to make my way towards my office, muttering to myself as I walked along the corridors.

Yes, it was true. I, Dominic Calvetti, had never kissed another human being before. I abhorred human contact, I hated other people touching me, and kissing was something that had been much too intimate for me to even consider.

When I had sex, the woman was not allowed to touch me, and they were always positioned facing away from me. It had always been that way, as they knew what they were signing up for when they consented to me using their bodies for my pleasure.

That is what sex was, just a release, there was no need for kissing.

Given my traumatic past, one could understand why I behaved this way. However, that story was for another time as I pushed the dark thoughts away.

I could not afford to reminisce about my time spent at that boarding school, not now.

Shaking my head, I forced my mind to refocus, and the image of Jade's sad face in the library flashed before me. I remembered fighting against the urge to touch her. But in the end, I just had to kiss her, and so I had allowed my instincts to guide me.

When it was over, I had to hide how shaken the exchange had left me.

Unconsciously, as I kissed her forehead, I had whispered the words 'my little hellfire' and I was grateful that at least I had not said it too loud.

The last thing I needed was Jade gushing over the fact that I had given her a special nickname. Not to mention if she knew that she had been my first kiss, fuck, I would never hear the end of it.

She would have no doubt read too much into the situation, and demanded that we give things a try and that was not something that could happen.

I loved fire, and Jade was like gasoline. Together, we were explosive.

Which is why I had been keeping my distance. I needed to regain control over these new emotions that I was developing. In order to do that, I knew that I needed to be the bad guy and push her away as far as I could.

We were too alike, Jade and I.

Both impulsive, violent, and manipulative, who enjoyed causing pain to others. Although the pain Jade inflicted was mostly psychological, but mine also included physical, and I took great pride in the work I did.

The things we both had been forced to endure as children had shaped our sadistic personalities.

We were destructive, yet people were still drawn to us, wanting to follow our commands. Born leaders, that was what we were. The type of people who would stop at nothing until we got what we wanted.

Unfortunately, Jade had set her eyes on me, and I needed to divert her affections elsewhere.

I feared the beast that resided within her, not wanting to acknowledge how good we would be together. Jade hungered for blood, power, and oozed desire. The perfect combination that made her such a deadly weapon.