Chapter 28.

Tess's P.O.V

I sat on my hotel bed, thinking about the past. Memories and images seemed to dance around in my mind, and no matter how hard I tried, that didn't change. A tear ran down my face, and the door swung open.

"Tess?" I knew by the voice who it was. Matthew.

"Just go away!" I sobbed.

Matt dashed to my side, and wrapped his arms around me. I rested my head on his chest, and sobbed louder.

"Shh. Its okay Tess. Its all gonna be okay." Matt reassured me, slightly rubbing my back.

We stayed like that for a while. Me cracking right in front of him, tears pouring down my cheeks, leaving my eyes in such a gentle way. And Matt rubbing my cold back, with his warm and steady hands, telling me it was all alright.

My back fell against the bed, and Matt fell beside me.

"You know, your stronger then most girls I know. Stronger then I thought you ever were." He whispered into my ear, his voice tickling my neck.

"I'm not like most girls Matt. And there's a lot you don't know about me, a lot you never will." I rested my head against his chest. How did this happen. Fifteen minutes ago, I was yelling at him, now its like were best friends. I don't know if this was a good or bad thing.

"Well, tell me about your self then." He shifted.

"I can't trust you yet. I'm sorry." I sat up and turned my legs off the bed.

"No, I'm sorry." Matt sighed and stood up.

I smiled to myself, and went into the bathroom to change. I was still in my gym clothes and it was almost lunch. Plus, I had skipped breakfast.

I threw on some high waisted jeans, and a black crop top that said 'STAY WEIRD.' I left my hair in a pony, and reapplied mascara. Then more cherry ChapStick, and I paired the outfit with black vans. I slipped out of the bathroom, and Matt was waiting on the bed.

"Hey, umm... Sorry I freaked out at you earlier, I know you weren't always a part of the bullying group, and you did help with Shawn." I sighed. He reached out and grabbed my hand.

"Tess, you don't need to apologize. You have every right to freak out at me. Or at any of us. And don't worry, your secrets safe with me." He nodded and realeased my hand.

"Yeah, but still..." I tried to carry on but Matt stopped me.

"No buts. I'm the one who should say sorry here. I really am sorry. Tess, we have changed. Please believe that." I slowly nodded, even though I disagreed. He opened the hotel door and we went down for lunch. There was a Starbucks at our hotel, so we got in the line up. I ordered a cotton candy frappe, and a cookie. Matt got a mocha frappe, and also a cookie. I started to take out my wallet, but Matt had already beat me too it.

"You don't have to-" I started to say but Matt interrupted.

"I want too." He smiled at me and payed the lady. We brought the drinks and food upstairs and we ran into Jack Johnson. All I could think of was the last time he had bullied me, his hands roaming around underneath my clothes. I gulped and stepped back. Matt saw the look on my face, and lead me back to our room. He put our Starbucks down on the table, and turned to face me.

"You okay?" He seemed concerned.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. Its nothing." I lied. Matt nodded, knowing that I wasn't telling the truth.

Just then Cam and Shawn walked into the room.

"Hey Tess, were sorry bout earlier. We shouldn't have got so jealous." Cam said.