T H I R T Y - S I X

Alexa

Mandy West studied me, and allowed me to go see my brother. No doubt she wanted to see if I had any more marks and bruises on me, but of course, she saw nothing.

I walked in the room where Andrew was located. As usual, he lied there with his eyes closed. I sighed, going over to him. Tears pricked at my eyes. Seeing him in this state hurts me.

"Hey, Andy," I said softly, "I'm back. I really wish you would wake up. I mean, soon, you'll have a little brother. I'm sure you'll treat him as he should be, unlike some others. And I'm sure he'll want to know his big brother. You gotta wake up, Andy."

No response.

Of course not. I didn't expect one. It would have been nice to get one, though.

If only he would open his damn eyes.

"Andrew," I started, "Jason and Justin don't really care about our unborn brother, unlike you would and I feel so sorry for the little guy. Also, I'm unsure if I mentioned the fact that they are twins like us... except they're identical and much more heartless. I feel bad saying that for some reason, though. I mean, they stopped treating me like garbage. Still, though, the fact that they just don't care about our little brother really pissed me off."

I sighed.

"Well, I just wanted to keep you up to date... even if you can't hear me," I told him. "I miss you. Goodbye."

Dejected, I walked back out of the room and into the waiting room, and who I saw standing there right in front of me with a sour expression on his face made my eyes widened and my heart clench.

"D-Dad?" I questioned.

"What the hell are you doing here?" he hissed, grabbing my arm. "We're going home and you ain't gonna like it."

I gulped, shaking with fear.

***

Dad stood, looming over me, a permanent scowl etched on his face. He just pushed me down; my head had collided with the hard floor and it's now throbbing.

"Guess what, brat?" Dad said. "I was just gonna visit my fucking son, because I'm the only one fucking allowed to, ya hear me?! It's your own damn fault he's in that condition! You have absolutely no fucking right to visit him!"

Tears pricked at my eyes. My arms shook with fear. I should've known I would've been found out sooner or later... but I had no idea that my dad still visited Andrew.

The thought made me angry, but at the same time I couldn't help but wonder, is it somehow my fault? Like my poor excuse of a father claims? If so, than maybe I deserve this suffering. Maybe.

"Answer me!" Dad bellowed. "What are you? Mute?"

"I-I'm Sorry," I said, my voice quivering and tears full on sliding from my eyes.

"Oh, what are you? A fucking cry baby?" Dad scoffed. "Stop crying, you good for nothing and stand up!"

My legs shaking, I slowly got to my feet. "P-Please, Dad—"

But he slapped me across the face hard enough for me to fall down. I clutched the side of my face, as he began stomping on my stomach. I coughed and sobbed, wishing that he would just stop.

I closed my eyes, wanting to be dead. You deserve this, a little voice in the back of my head told me. I deserve this...

Where's everyone else? Are we the only two here? Because no way would no one hear this, and Dad wouldn't be beating me if we were not alone in this blasted house.

Buzz.

Dad stopped stomping on my stomach. He was glaring down at me. "What the hell was that?" he said in a dangerously calm voice. I didn't answer, to scared and in pain to do so.

He growled and picked me up by my T-Shirt. "I won't repeat myself more than once. What the fuck was that? WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!" he bellowed.

I whimpered. Dad gritted his teeth and put his hand around my neck, causing me to gasp and beg for air, but unable to find some. He removed his hand from my neck, and clutched my hair, yanking my head back to the point where I thought my neck would snap.

"Answer me, you god damn mistake!" Dad yelled. "We only wanted one of you and that wasn't you. Too bad you lived — you should've fucking died in that car wreck! Now... WHAT WAS THAT BUZZING SOUND."

I didn't want to tell him, but I don't really think I had a choice.

"I-I'll show you... but please l-l-let go," I sobbed. "Please, Dad, please... I'll show you... j-just let go. Please." My sobbing only worsened.

Dad threw me to the ground. "Fine, show me," he demanded. "Or I'll give you to one of my buddies. He hasn't had any fun in a while... if you catch my drift."

I turned pale at the thought. I quickly reached into my pocket and pulled out the phone. "Please, don't... this is what made the buzzing sound."

"Where the hell did you get that?" Dad questioned, yanking me up by the arm. "Did you fucking steal it?"

I shook my head. "N-No, please believe me," I said. "I didn't steal it... a friend gave it to me."

"Well, you're not allowed fucking happiness," Dad said. "Not after what you've put me through! Dump that stupid ass friend of yours and I'll be taking this!" He snatched the phone out of my head.

"N-No, please..." I begged, but Dad went to the window, opened it, and threw it into the road, where it quickly got ran over. I sunk to the ground, crying even harder than I thought was possible.

Elliot is going to hate me, and I'm sure Michael and Jackson would follow his lead.

"This is your own damn fault," Dad said. "Now, as usual, don't tell anyone about this or I will give you to one of my buddies. You're not allowed to go anywhere but school again, ya understand me?"

I nodded, "Y-Yes."

"Don't fucking disrespect me again," Dad said.

"I-I won't," I said, clutching myself tightly. "I won't ever again..."

Well, that just happened...