T H I R T Y

Alexa

Dylan wasn't lying when he said Ryan and his fiancé were not going to be home for the weekend. I assumed Ryan must come home on Sunday, though, since he has to teach on Monday.

Dylan, on the other hand, apparently had a job. For some reason, he trusted that I wouldn't steal or anything while he worked all day, leaving me alone in the house.

But like I thought, Ryan and Malissa came home on Sunday Evening, and both were surprised to see me. I mean, I would be too. And I'll be going back to my own house tomorrow which I'm not looking forward to one bit.

"What are you doing here?" Ryan asked me.

"Dylan invited me," I said softly. "Is that okay?"

"Of course it is, you're welcome at any time," Ryan said. "Now, how about I prepare dinner?"

I smiled. "Sounds great."

***

The next day, Monday, my uncle drove me to school, since he was going there anyways. Once we arrived, I waved but to him and departed, so he can prepare for his first class.

I glanced around nervously, expecting to see Ryder pop up out of no where. I sighed — I am so paranoid, but whatever. I entered the cafeteria, and headed to our usual table, where only Elliot was sitting for some reason.

When I sat down in the chair across from him — which is the chair I always sit on — I have him a puzzled look, though his face remained as blank as always. "Where are Michael and Jackson?" I asked him.

"Jackson has a cold and Michael got suspended again," Elliot said blankly.

I blinked. "What in the world did Michael do this time?"

"Being the immature person that he is, Michael put cockroaches in the boys locker room," Elliot said. "And also being the dumb ass that he is, he told everyone that it was him."

I shuddered at the mental image of cockroaches crawling around in the locker room. "Of course he did that." I sighed, referencing the fact that he pulled a prank and admitted to his wrongdoings.

"Yeah, well." Elliot shrugged. "That's Michael for you."

"Agreed."

The bell rung just then.

I sighed again. "Well, bye Elliot." Unlike Jackson and Michael, he never felt the need to walk me everyone, so I figured it must be a burden for him and that he absolutely hates doing that. But I'm capable of walking to class on my own.

***

So that was a fucking lie.

Blake stood in front of me, blocking my path. Ryder and Ethan weren't with him though, thankfully, but I still don't like having one bully messing up my dad. And he wasn't here to have a chat; he looked quite menacing actually.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

I think that made him more pissed.

"I feel like I haven't been tormented you enough," Blake said. I'll like to disagree to that. "It's been quite boring."

Read a book. Pick up a sport. What's so fun about picking on a girl that has done nothing wrong to you? Does that somehow cure boredom?