T W E N T Y - E I G H T

Alexa

After school today I have to go home. I did promise my stepbrothers after all. After history, I told the guys to go ahead, and walked up to Ryan's desk. Elliot said I could tell him about my phone (Jackson filled him and Michael in).

"Hey, Miss. Hart," Ryan said. "Shouldn't you be getting to lunch?"

"I have a phone now." I grinned. "I can text you now. Unless if you have one of those old people's phones," I teased.

"Hm, what was that? I don't speak baby talk," Ryan said. "Goo goo."

"This is weird...." Michael commented from the sidelines.

Ryan and I hurriedly looked in that direction. What in the world is Michael doing there? I told him to go on! Ugh, this is hella awkward. I suppose the door was already open, but still..

Ryan cleared his throat. "Miss. Hart, how dare you call me old! Detention!"

I stared at him, unimpressed. "Dude, he already knows." I told Michael and Elliot yesterday, since I told Jackson beforehand — Michael was not happy with the fact that I told Jackson before him.

Michael nodded. "Yeah. By the way, Jackson totally thought you were a pedophile!" He snorted. "You should seriously give him extra homework for that." He 'slyly' winked.

"I'll give you extra homework if you don't get to much." Ryan smiled evilly.

Michael paled. "No, I'm way too dumb for that, good bye," he said, before hurriedly leaving.

I giggled quietly, handing Ryan my phone. "Put your number in."

Once Ryan did that, I did the same to his non old person's phone.

"Okay, see ya." I grinned as I exited the classroom.

That same grin faltered as I neared the end of the hallway, only to see three guys waiting for me. If you thought it was Elliot, Michael, and Jackson, then you are—

Wrong.

Ryder, Blake and Ethan stood there, all with malicious glares. Of course. I'm not allowed to be happy for too long. It's like the law of the universe or something.

"What do you guys want?" I practically whispered, trying not to show any fear. Just don't say anything that will make it worse.... that shouldn't be so hard to do.

"Payback," Ryder hissed. "Hold her down," he addressed to his minions. I don't really know how he became their leader since he's the newest one here, but that's not important.

"What—"

Blake grabbed one of my arms, a smirk playing on his lips. "Don't talk, idiot," he told me, tightening his grip. He and Ryder stared at Ethan pointedly, who decided to eat Cheetos right then.

"What?" Ethan questioned. "Can't you see in too busy eating? Couldn't we have picked a better time to do this that wasn't lunch?"

"I second that," I said. Stupid fucking mouth, I raged in my mind.

"Ahem," came a voice. "And what do you three think you're doing?"

We turned and saw Elliot, an evil glint in his eyes. Ethan, being the closest to him, inched away, taking a bite of another Cheeto.

"I'm eating," Ethan said, holding out his bag. "Want one?"

"No," Elliot replied bluntly. "What I want is for someone—" He sent Blake a pointed glare "—to get their disgusting hands off of Alexa."

"Um, excuse me, my hands are clean," Blake said, rolling his eyes.

"But your personality isn't."

Ryder scoffed. "Can't you leave now?"