S I X T E E N

Cameron

I haven't told anyone that I like guys. Not my mom. Not my brothers. Not my friends. Not anyone, and I probably shouldn't be bouncing from girl to girl when I'm not even interested in pussy, but hey, I'm kind of a jerk. At least I only sleep with them and not have them gain emotional attachments.

But that isn't really important . Moving on.

I found out when I was thirteen. I mean, I found out that I liked the same gender at that age. I wasn't ever planning on telling anyone, but somehow the stepsister I despise so much found out. Okay, that was because I was way too careless. I should have did naughty things with him on my bed in my locked room, not on the couch in the open living room. That was stupid, I'll admit.

Alexa said that it's okay to be gay, even though I've been nothing but awful to her. She's not judging me. Why isn't she? I wasn't planning on telling anyone because of the fear of judgement, but here was Alexa... being judge free. Well, she is clearly judging me for hurting a child, such as herself, which I'm starting to feel bad about.

I never wanted a sister to begin with, but that's not really an excuse for how I've treated her, now is it?

If I'm being completely honest, I was feeling guilty already, before she found out that I'm gay. Which is why I gave that little friend of hers some money for her pads. I've been planning on apologizing, but I just don't know how.

The front door slammed closed so I went to go see who entered or left the house. It was Ryder, seemingly furious. I don't know where he went after Mom left, but then again, I don't really care.

"So, where's Alexa?" Ryder growled. "It's her fucking fault I got suspended!"

To tell or not to tell him? Of course he's upset about that, but... "No, it's your fault," I said. "I think we should stop treating Alexa like crap." I don't know why I've had a sudden change of heart, but... I want this to stop.

Ryder's nostrils flared. "What's gotten into you, Cameron?" he questioned. "Is that you trying to be funny?"

I set a hand on my younger brother's head. "Listen, kid," I said, "I think life would be easier if we just ignored her."

Ryder slapped my arm away. "What the hell?" he said. "Are you sick or something?"

"No. I just gained a conscience."

"That's a load of—-"

"You're thirteen," I scolded. "Don't cuss."

"Whatever." Ryder stalked off, but after saying, "I'm not listening to you."

Only seconds later did I realize what Ryder meant. He wasn't talking about the whole not cussing thing. He wasn't going to listen to me about leaving Alexa the hell alone.

I rushed after him just to see him knee Alexa in the gut in her own bedroom. Before he could land another hit, I grabbed his wrist, causing him to glare at me fiercely.

"Get out and calm down," I told him, not really giving him much of a choice.

I shoved him out and closed the door. I faced Alexa, who stood up, staring at me in confusion and fear though I don't really know why.

Almost defensively, she covered her head with her arms. She looked so vulnerable and small. I felt like such an asshole. She's terrified of me. She's not as strong as me or my brothers. It wasn't exactly fair.

"You okay, dude?" I said awkwardly.

"He just kneed me in my stomach while I'm on my period," Alexa blurted out, "so of course not, not that you care, of course. Can you just hit me and go, instead of faking concern?"

She bit her lips, her eyes widening. That's her second outburst toward me since she's started her period. The girl's mood swings are giving her some confidence.

"I'm not gonna hit you." I raised my arm, only for her to slink back. I put my arm back down, but she didn't put her guard down; she merely stared at me, warily, no doubt wondering if she could make a run for it.

"Is this because I found out your secret?" Alexa finally asked, staring into my eyes —- having to look  up to do so. "I mean, I guess I could blackmail you. It would make my life a whole lot easier..."

"You don't have to blackmail me," I said. "I've decided to leave you alone."

"How noble of you," Alexa muttered.

"Alexa... I'm... sorry," I finally said.

She stared at me, unblinking. "Okay."

"Okay?" I questioned. "That's it? Don't you forgive me?"

"All I'm saying is okay. Or are you gonna hit me for it?"

I sighed. "Well, fine. But since when did you get a mouth on you?"

Alexa shrugged. "Can you leave now?"

"Yeah," I said, mentally groaning. Of course she's not going to forgive me. I don't blame her. "Bye, Alexa." Then, I left. I kinda expected her to be super forgiving....

Alexa

Was I a complete bitch because I didn't forgive Cameron?

I would like to think not... but no one ever thinks they're a bitch, right? But the people around you knows that you are. Cameron's probably going to pick on me tomorrow.

It's not like I'm not used to it, though.

But... he stopped Ryder, which I didn't expect him to do.

Right now, I'm more concerned about Mr. Haynes, still. I think, just maybe, tomorrow I'm going to talk to him during lunch. I need some answers, answers only he can provide.

Granted, only if he's actually who he says he is —- my uncle.

So I'm not saying everyone has feeling for Alexa, but who do you want her to end up with or who do you ship with her? Because I'm in confusion, myself. And no, it's not a step siblings falling in love type of thing.

Blake

Michael

Jackson

Elliot

Ethan