eight²: regret

JJG

Jeongguk made sure to hide his face as he went to his designated workspace in the team office. A weekend had passed but Jeongguk still didn't feel ready to face Taehyung again.

"Good morning," he whispered as he took his seat.

Chaeyoung knotted her brow as she whispered back the geeeting.

"Why are we whispering?" Eunwoo whispered.

"I don't know," Chaeyoung replied, returning to her normal tone.

"Jeongguk-sshi, did you leave early on Friday?" Jisoo asked.

Jeongguk nodded awkwardly, remembering what happened. "I had too many drinks."

"You never get drunk though," Eric commented.

"Ahh, we shouldn't have all drank so much. We couldn't go to karaoke!" Yoona whined.

"Next team dinner, we'll go to karaoke and get take out," Jinyoung suggested to which everyone agreed by showing a thumbs up or okay sign.

Jeongguk bit his lip as he logged into his computer. He should've first checked in with Taehyung but he again was not ready for that.

"Team meeting in 15 minutes in Room B! Oh Jeongguk-sshi, you're here," he heard Sohye's voice announce.

Jeongguk mentally groaned. He turned his head ever so slowly and looked at the girl. He offered a smile. "Good morning. I just have a quick thing to check, I'll be right there."

Sohye smiled back and nodded. "Good morning. Take your time!" she said and went to the printing machine. She collected her prints and left.

Jeongguk stared at his computer as he didn't actually have anything to do. He sighed and put it to sleep. He'd have to face him eventually so there was no point in dragging this out. They already talked about it in the car so there was nothing to worry about.

Jeongguk got out of his seat and walked into the other office. He went around the desk and took his seat beside Sohye who was currently in the Director's office. When she walked out, she came over to desk and placed her folded hand on the counter. Jeongguk got up on his feet.

"Since I'll only be here for three more days, from today onwards you'll be assisting Mr. Kim with everything! No more splitting work. Okay?" she asked, pressing her finger and thumb together making a circle and stretching out her other three.

"Okay," Jeongguk replied, hesitantly copying her okay sign.

Sohye smile and handed the tablet on the counter to him. "The passcode is 0901," she said.

Jeongguk nodded, pressing the home button to tap in the number when he realized. His head snapped back to Sohye. "Um, who chose the passcode?"

Sohye tilted her trying to recall the memory. "This was the passcode when I first started being Mr. Kim's assistant. I can't believe it's lasted this long. I'm pretty sure Mr. Kim chose it."

Jeongguk nodded and turned his attention back to the table. He tapped in the passcode and opened up to a generic wallpaper and layout.

"The calendar, reminders, and a notes app that's downloaded will be your best friend. Stylus at the side. Take note of everything and anything but make sure to keep it all organized. Put any event into the calendar to the hour, no matter how small. I'm sure you can handle it," Sohye said.

Jeongguk nodded, opening up the calendar app to see everything colour coded with the time and everything. He browsed through the schedules for the week. He noticed it will be Taehyung's father's birthday on the coming Friday. He hadn't visited the man in a while.