six: make you mine

JJG

Exam preparations are the only time you'll see the students actually be quiet for once. So quiet you'd hear a pin drop. Everyone serious, head buried in study notes and hands working out in exemple questions, eyes not even allowing a blink to read over every corner of their textbooks. For some students, this time wasn't too much of a deal, but for the seniors it sure was. The college entrance exam, what they've all been preparing for their entire school education.

So can someone explain on why in the world one of the most hardworking and smartest student in the entire school is currently asleep on his desk? Taehyung wasn't one to be cocky over his grades, and he wasn't just born with an impeccably genius brain. He too studied very hard to get his grades. It shocked everyone seeing how tired the boy was.

"Saw him at the study room until ten-thirty last night, he stayed even after I left. He must've been pulling all-nighter's studying!" was one of the more popular whispers, a very reasonable one at that.

"Then how do you explain Jeon Jeongguk?"

Yup, Jeongguk was also dead asleep. Well, it wasn't the first for him, but the boy got very serious around exam time. Yes his grades may not be the best, but there's a line he just can't cross or else he'd be pulled right back to his hometown, and let's just say he was very close to falling over. Now that was no secret. Plus, he needed to take this one seriously, his life goal is to go to the same university as Taehyung. A mission impossible indeed, but the word impossible didn't exist in Jeongguk's dictionary.

It was also the only period of time where Jeongguk wouldn't talk as much to Taehyung, afraid he'd disrupt his studies. Sadly, since it came directly after Jeongguk's failure of an experiment, the boy hasn't got a lot of time to talk with the other for a while. This left him a little sad, keeping him up at night. He just can't help but imagine scenarios of the possibilities of his life in future with his Prince Charming no matter how tired he was, all to make up for the bare contact he'd been receiving.

Slam!

Both boy were jolted awake. Taehyung rubbed his eyes as Jeongguk let out a yawn. Standing in front of them was none other than their home room teacher with the rolled notebook that was used to make their wake up sound.

"Good morning, boys! I know sleep is very important, but I think I've given you two a good amount. Let's study a little as well, alright? Good luck!" With a sweet smile, he returned to his desk.

Jeongguk and Taehyung looked at each other, surprised the other was sleeping. Without an exchange of words, both began pulling out their materials. Once Jeongguk got everything out on his desk, he neatly arranged them so they were at least pleasing to look at. He then took a hold of the banana milk at his desk, the treat from his yet to be figured out admirer. He picked off the stickers carefully, randomly placing them on his notebook as he took little sips.

"Gguk!" he heard someone whisper out his name.

"What?" he whispered back.

Hoseok passed what looked to be a note. Jeongguk rolled his eyes and took the piece of paper. He took a quick glance at Taehyung who was concentrated in his English workbook as he snacked away at Jeongguk's homemade granola bar. Jeongguk looked at the front with his name and class number written on, then opened the note, which read:

Meet me under the blossom tree during second break.

Jeongguk read the note twice before throwing Hoseok a confused look. The blossom tree at their school is a student favourite for confessions. It's not even in bloom yet due to the weather.

"Not from me," Hoseok whispered, shaking his head.

"Then who?"

Hoseok shrugged. "No clue. It's been jumping around classes, man."