five: banana milk

JJG

To put it simply, Jeongguk was a dreamer. He was never quite on Earth. He was also talkative, but the rare moments he wasn't, the reason was always the same. He was imagining some makeshift world and writing out a plot to his alternate universe life and chasing after a happy ending. At first it was about silly things like becoming the King of the Banana Milk kingdom, then as he grew up, his interests changed and so did his dreams.

Taehyung. The most popular character in his current dreamworlds. He sometimes played himself, sometimes a role — Jeongguk's personal favourite was CEO Taehyung. He would imagine scenarios where Taehyung would confess to him, or the other way around and Taehyung reciprocating his feelings. He would get so immersed in them, he'd have to be shaken to wake up. He's been caught more than once slipping words in real life, leaving the people around confused and himself in a blushing mess.

So when he felt Taehyung's lips on his, he didn't know why he was so confused on the matter. It obviously had to be another daydream he thought, after all, why would he ever kiss him, and better yet, pin him against a chalkboard and kiss him in the most cliché moment possible. It just didn't add up, the quiet and reserved Taehyung would never do such a thing.

"Are you okay?"

Jeongguk snapped out of his thoughts. "Huh?"

Taehyung laughed shortly. "I asked if you were okay. You've been quiet. I'm not just saying today, for the past few days too." They were currently taking out the recycling to the back of the school to dump it out.

"Oh." Jeongguk nodded, not knowing exactly what to say as he was still going through such a dilemma.

"Are you, perhaps, avoiding me? Did I or do something wrong in the past week?"

Jeongguk eyes widened. There it was, his answer! They'd had this conversation before, but now that Taehyung is bringing up again proves that it never happened before, therefore it had to all be a dream.

"Of course!" Jeongguk screamed with glee putting all the pieces together.

"What?" Taehyung said, sounding very surprised.

"I mean– no! I've not been avoiding you. Sorry if it seems that way." Jeongguk smiled sweetly at the boy, threw the recycling into the bin, turned around and skipped happily back to class. Confused, Taehyung followed.

Jeongguk put away all the supplies they used to clean up. After a final look at the class to make sure everything is spotless, he grabbed his bag and slung it over his shoulder.

"I'm going to library today, wanna come?" Taehyung asked, stopping him as he was about to leave.

Jeongguk turned around, a pout on his lips as he recalled of his "can I survive without Taehyung" experiment. Oh how he wanted to break, but once Jeongguk got his mind on something, he'd never give up, which contradicted a little with the experiment but that didn't matter.

"Nah, I feel like just going home and sleeping. Gonna relax this weekend. Plus, it's too cold. Have fun, though!
Make sure to cover you neck and head!"

Taehyung nodded. With a smile, he walked right past the boy and ahead of him to the exit of the building. Jeongguk sighed watching him walk away. Even if he were to continue his little experiment, there was not point, since every second of it the boy's just been longing to be beside him. He's reminded of the few years he had to be without him after he moved. What a dreadful period in his life that was.

He banged his head against the classroom door to stop himself from running after him. Jeongguk needed gather and organize all his thoughts before proceeding.