nine: promise

JJG

Jeongguk puffed out his cheeks with his lips in a pout. Hoseok squeezed the boy's cheeks together, letting all the air come out in an obnoxious sound.

"Ooh, what's our cutie pie thinking about now?" Hoseok asked as if he was talking to an child, shaking Jeongguk's head and squishing him a little more.

Jeongguk swatted the other's hands away. "Nothing," he answered simply.

"Then why are you so spaced out? C'mon, Guks, school's over! It's time to enjoy it before we go off to..." Yerim started, but her face got bitter as she continued. "School once again," she finished, groaning and sipping her milkshake aggressively.

"You got into Yonsei, right?" Kumi asked.

Yerim nodded, then looked at them with a big frown. "None of you are staying in Seoul, this is so depressing."

Yerim was probably the second smartest in their group, Taehyung being the first of course, and she studies and works hard. Unlike the rest who had to apply to a bunch of school and pray one of them would accept them.

"I know," Hoseok muttered.

"Oh shush! You're going to the same college as Jeongguk," Kumi said, feeling a little annoyed. She was feeling the most sad about this as she was going to a university back in Japan.

Hoseok raised his hands defensively, pretending to back off. He turned his attention back to Jeongguk, who still seemed to be elsewhere. He snapped his fingers as if he realized something genius, getting the boy back to planet Earth at the same time.

"You're upset that you can't continue going to school with Taehyung, aren't you?" Hoseok asked, pointing a finger at Jeongguk.

"No, nothing like that," Jeongguk answered.

"Then what?" Hoseok asked still very curious.

Jeongguk gave him a sad look before sinking into the seat in their booth, sipping his milk tea and chewing on the tapioca pearls slowly. Kumi shook her head in disappointment as Yerim threw him a glare for prying so much.

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late," a new voice entered and Jeongguk's face instantly lit up.

"It's alright," Jeongguk chirped, shoving Kumi to the side to make space, then patting that spot for him. Taehyung took the seat. Jeongguk leaned over and planted a kiss on his boyfriend's cheek.

Taehyung cheeks tinted red as he wasn't used to all of this in front of others yet, but he looked at Jeongguk to return the smile.

"Seriously? He was upset 'cause Taehyung wasn't here yet?" Hoseok asked pretending to be offended. He made eye contact with Taehyung. "Boy's really whipped for you."

"Oh shut up," Jeongguk said, sticking out his tongue. "Anyways, what do you want to drink, babe?"

Taehyung chuckled at their little banter. "Mm, matcha latte?"

Jeongguk nodded then looked over at Hoseok. Hoseok looked back. They blinked at each other until Hoseok shut his eyes, put his hands down on the table and got up.

"Oh, I'll just go order-" Taehyung started, but Hoseok shook his head and went to line up.

"Don't worry, he lost a bet earlier," Yerim explained. "Anyways, Kumi and I invited a couple people. That's alright with you right?"

"Oh yeah, the more the merrier they say," Taehyung replied.

They were all going to an amusement park to spend the little time they'll probably have to actually be together in the best ways possible.