one: just a crush

JJG

The sun shined bright and the breeze that blowed ever so lightly tickled Jeongguk's fingertips. With his eyes closed, he tried hard to listen to the music of the rustling leaves, but the chatter of students powered over.

"Jeonggukkie!" he heard someone yell, snapping him out of his peaceful thoughts. He turned away from the open window to wave at his friend, Hoseok. The boy ran to him and threw a arm around his shoulder.

"What're you doing?"

Jeongguk sighed. "Waiting for Taehyung to arrive. It's been a whole seventeen hours, thirty-seven minutes, and twenty-eight seconds since I've last seen him."

Hoseok laughed and ruffled the the boy's hair.

"Gukkie!" another voice yelled. Yerim came running to the two panting. She was in a different class then them but always hanged out in their class when there was time. "You won't believe what I just heard!"

She pulled them to sit down on a desk and began informing them on whatever she heard. Jeongguk listened to his friends speak as if they were background noises, looking around the class, eyes searching for his special someone. His hands fiddled with the heart-shaped sticky note on the chip bag in his hand. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw through the window Taehyung coming.

"Okay, shoo! Go to your seat! And class!" Jeongguk said, starting to push his friends. They laughed knowing about his little (big) crush. Heck the entire school probably knew from how obvious the boy was.

He quickly set the chip bag on the desk beside his and straightened his back, resting his hands on his own desk. His eyes followed as his one and only entered the classroom and to his desk. "G'morning, desk-mate," Jeongguk said, smiling wide while batting his pretty eyes.

"Morning," Taehyung mumbled putting his bag around his chair and taking a seat. His eyes landed on the chip bag. He grabbed it to read the note: "honey butter chips for my honey <33". The boy sighed. "Jeongguk, you don't need to give me snacks everyday."

On the first day of school, Jeongguk waited until Taehyung took a seat (at the way back nearest to the window) and dashed for the seat beside. Being near him, he heard Taehyung's stomach rumble from having skipped breakfast that day. Ever since then, Jeongguk had made sure to bring in a little something for Taehyung.

"Whaaaaat!" he stretched. "I keep telling you, it's not me! You just have a lot of admirers, and whoever left that for you would be very sad if you didn't eat it. And it would be a waste."

What Jeongguk said wasn't all a complete lie, Taehyung did have many admirers. Taehyung was the quiet boy at their school, popular for his looks and brain. Although, those admirers backed off when Jeongguk "claimed" him as his and instead turned into avid shippers watching the wholesome friendship the two boys shared. He was lucky his school wasn't filled with homophobic pricks. There were the few confessions Taehyung would receive here and there, but they were always rejected kindly.

Soon, their homeroom teacher entered and the class quieted down to greet him. After taking attendance, their math teacher, Mr. Han, came in.

Jeongguk groaned. Math was one of his weaknesses, as was every subject other than physical education, but math was the worst. He crossed his fingers and shut his eyes tight as his teacher handed back test papers.

"Good job," Mr. Han said. Jeongguk opened his eyes to see Taehyung receiving his paper. As usual, a perfect score, which made the boy smile from ear to ear seeing how smart his man was. Next came his paper, carelessly slipped onto his desk. He didn't need to look at his teacher's face to know he was disappointed.