ten: abscence makes the heart grow fonder

PLS READ END NOTE!!
—•

TG

"I got in."

Jeongguk stared with wide eyes. He'd been awakened at eight in the morning by loud knocks at his door. As soon as he opened it, he was greeted to a panting Taehyung and was immediately engulfed in a tight hug. Then followed by a kiss, then the those three little words.

Jeongguk blinked, his mind still a little fuzzy from just waking up, trying his best to process what was going on. He jutted out his lip and tilted his heads. "Got in...?"

"University of Pennsylvania!" Taehyung exclaimed.

It finally hit the boy. Jeongguk gasped and jumped. "Oh my god Tae I knew you would! Congratulations! I'm so proud of you!"

Taehyung smiled and jumped along with him.

Jeongguk stopped jumping but instead bounced on his knees. "And the scholarship?" he asked nervously.

"It applies. Well, it'll only cover so much but I can get a job and I know it'll be fine," Taehyung replied with a grin. Jeongguk let out a shriek and jumped onto the boy, like a little koala. Taehyung laughed and walked in, doing his best close the door behind them and to carry the boy but they ended up falling on the couch that the boy was previously sleeping in.

All the furniture had been moved or sold except the couch. Jeongguk was currently living in a boarding house. He had sold off the apartment and was there the weekend to finalize everything with the apartment owner.

Taehyung lifted up his head to look at his boyfriend's beautiful smile. Taehyung wanted to keep smiling, but they slowly dropped. Jeongguk pouted noticing the other's change in expression.

"What's wrong?" Jeongguk asked, bringing a hand up to cup his cheek.

Taehyung sighed. "I don't know if I should go."

Jeongguk lifted himself up, bringing Taehyung up with him.

"What?" Jeongguk exclaimed. "Is that even a question? Of course you should go! This is the opportunity you've been waiting for."

"And leave everything I have here behind? My dad, my life, you." Taehyung shook his head. "I don't know if I can."

Jeongguk smiled. He cupped the other cheek as well and brought their heads close to one another. "Technology exists for a reason, dumbo. Call us whenever you want, time doesn't matter. We'll talk everyday. We can try to see each other on holidays. Trust me, it'll work out."

Taehyung didn't seem convinced, so Jeongguk continued. "Even if you went to a school in Seoul, you'd be just as busy. Me too. I'm going to a college in Daejeon, so there's still that distance no matter what."

"But it's just a one hour train rid–"

"Sure this is a whole other country, but it doesn't matter. Plus, your father would be very disappointed if he finds out, as much as I would be too."

Taehyung chewed on his bottom lip, thinking over everything. "But still... I don't need to go to some school in a foreign country to learn."

"Tae," Jeongguk stretched. "You've been dreaming about this forever. You weren't stressed about applying for any other universities but you were for this one. Be selfish for once. Chase after your dream, your future."

Taehyung gripped onto the boy's thighs to pull him closer.

"But you're a part of my future," he said quietly, his cheeks dusted red.