seventeen²: lockets and sunrise

JJG

"You look amazing," Taehyung said, leaning against the frame of Jeongguk's room door. Jeongguk's breath hitched getting frightened by the sudden voice. He turned around and smiled at Taehyung.

"You think?" Jeongguk asked, looking down at his outfit. It was simple. Some dress pants, a white turtleneck and a black blazer. Compared to the way Taehyung's floral blazer over a black button up made him look like the youngest billionaire, he felt like a potato.

"Mm, well there's one thing missing," Taehyung said stepping up and then only did Jeongguk noticed how he had his arms behind his back.

"What?" Jeongguk stretched, squinting his eyes feeling suspicious. The last time Hoseok did that to him, he messed up his hair that he worked so hard on.

Taehyung stepped up close and gave him a sweet smile. He brought out his hand in front and held up a small black leather box then carefully opened.

"Taehyung..." Jeongguk started, feeling at a loss for words.

"Do you like it?" Taehyung asked.

"It's– It's beautiful," Jeongguk said, ghosting a hand over the gold circular locket. It was so small and he wouldn't have recognized that it was a locket if it wasn't for the familiar pattern engraved in it.

"It'll look more beautiful on you," Taehyung said softly.

Jeongguk looked away from the locket and at Taehyung. "Taehyung, I can't accept this–" Jeongguk tried, wondering how much it must've costed.

"Of course you can. It's yours. I saved from my modelling gigs and bought it for you birthday, before... before we broke up," Taehyung explained.

Jeongguk's eyes darted down to his chest and saw the silver locket he'd given him all those years ago. It stuck out like a sore thumb with his outfit, Jeongguk wondered why he didn't notice it earlier. He placed a hand on Taehyung's chest and took another closer look. He glanced up and asked, "You brought these with you?"

Taehyung nodded. "I take it everywhere with me, and we can't have one without the other. It's kind of my good luck charm, you know? I couldn't bring myself to wear it again until now."

"I didn't see it in your box," Jeongguk said, recalling the little box of items Taehyung had in the office.

"Because I took it with my on the plane. I forgot mines in the box and god the stress I felt. You wouldn't believe it."

Jeongguk smiled and turned around. "Will you put it on me?" he requested. He heard a pleased hum and a clicking of the box. Soon, Taehyung's hand went over his head and the locket hit his chest. Once Taehyung hooked the chain properly, the necklace fell to its rightful place.

Jeongguk became curious and opened the locket. It was a picture of Taehyung from the time Jeongguk woke him up early because he wanted to go see the sunrise. A half-asleep boy with a lazy smile and the look of love for the boy behind the camera against the dawn sky. The locket was beautiful, inside and out.

"Are there any more of these gifts?" Jeongguk asked jokingly.

"Well," Taehyung stretched and Jeongguk shook his head with a chuckle.

"Thank you," Jeongguk whispered turning around. He placed a delicate kiss on Taehyung's lips, both their eyes shutting as they just stood there in place and kept their lips pressed together.

"How the hell did I go seven years without kissing you? It feels so crazy. Have you really forgiven me?" Taehyung asked when they pulled away.

"Taehyung," Jeongguk said in a warning tone and threw his hand over the man's shoulder.