SEVENTY NINE

"And instead of a jacket, it's a pile of garbage

"And instead of a jacket, it's a pile of garbage."

----------

"Hey, what are you guys looking at?" Phoebe came over to us as we stared out the window.

"Ross and the second most beautiful girl in the world." Joey answered. From the corner of my eye, I could see him staring at the side of my face.

"Yeah, come to Papa." Phoebe agreed. After Ross and his new girl kissed goodnight, he came inside. We all kind of followed him with our eyes, a similar look of confusion on everyone.

"I know!" He exclaimed the way Monica does.

"Probably the only time I'll ever say this, but did you see the ass on her?" Monica asked the rest of us.

"No, I wasn't looking there." Joey spoke up.

"Where did you...? When did you...? How did you...?" Chandler stuttered out, but once Joey hit him upside the head, he could speak again. "How did you get a girl like that?" He furrowed his brows.s

"Yeah, so, what is she...like, a spokesmodel? Aerobics instructor, what?" Rachel guessed, clearly jealous.

"Actually, she's a paleontology doctoral candidate specializing in the Cenozoic area." He clarified for us.

"The only word in that sentence I understood was 'she'." I placed my hands on my hips.

"Okay, but that's, like, the easiest era." Chandler shrugged his shoulders.

"I've seen her at work, but I always figured..." Ross let out a snort. "But, uh, I made her dinner. We had a great time. And we're going out again tomorrow." He sat down at the small table but almost fell over.

"Maybe she and her friends are having a contest to see who brings home the biggest geek." Rachel shot back.

"Fine by me. Hope she wins." Ross retorted.

"Suparna, someone left this for you." Gunther handed me a beautifully wrapped present.

"Ooh, ooh, ooh, open it!" Phoebe bounced up and down.

"Alright, alright, hold your horses." I chuckled and carefully untied the bow before lifting up the cover. I gasped when I pulled out a set of earrings from the jewelry store down the street.

"Looks like you have a secret admirer." Monica nudged my arm.

"Maybe it's Michael from the marketing department." I gasped.

"He's been after you for years." Rachel agreed.

"Or it could be someone else. Someone you know." Ross spoke up, making us four girls glance over at him.

"What do you know about guys?" Rachel scoffed.

"Plenty. I'm dating the hottest one." Ross smirked victoriously.