FORTY EIGHT

"Oh

"Oh...My...God."

----------

"Hey, Joey! How'd the audition go?" Rachel came over with the pot of coffee.

"Incredible. I met the director this time, and you will never believe who it was." He ran to us.

"Who?" We all asked at the same time.

"Alright. I'll give you one hint—Warren Beatty." Joey smirked and nodded his head. "There's just one thing that might be kind of a problem." He sat down at the small table. "See, I, uh, I had to kiss this guy." He looked directly at me.

"Because he was just so darn cute?" Chandler teased.

"No. As part of the audition. See, I'm up for the part of this guy who the main guy kisses." He explained, not taking his eyes off of me.

"Well, hey, you're an actor." Ross shrugged his shoulders. "I say you–you just suck it, and you do it." Ross advised, making Rachel her boyfriend give a look. "Or you just do it."

"I did do it. I'm a professional. I really hope no one's upset with me." Joey looked at me sadly. I just waved it off.

"So what's the problem?" I changed the topic.

"After the scene, Mr. Beatty comes up to me, and he says, 'Good actor. Bad kisser'. Can you believe that?" He scoffed. "Me, not a good kisser. That's like, like...Mother Teresa, not a good mother." Bad analogy, proper message.

"Come on. Who cares what the guy thinks?" Phoebe stared at her nails. "You know, what does Warren Beatty know about kissing?" We gave her a look. "Oh." She frowned. Joey decided to call his agent to see if she could do anything about it.

"Hey, what did your agent say?" Chandler inquired when he came back to our spot.

"Yup. This kiss thing is definitely a problem." Joey nodded his head. "Mr. Beatty wants to see it again on Monday. Man, I got to figure out what I'm doing wrong." He crossed his arms over his chest. "Okay, Suparna, come over here and kiss me." My eyes widened at his request, only because my brother's here.

"Forget it." I pretended to be disgusted by the request.

"I need your help here." He pouted at me.

"Alright, fine." I got up. "I've kissed you before, but never in front of Chandler." I mumbled to myself and stood in front of him.

"This is a good girl...friend. Since she's a girl. Who's a friend." Joey tried to cover it up.

"Let's go." Joey put his hands on my hips, and mine went to his shoulder as we made out. He pulled away from me, raising his eyebrows. "Good. Very good." I scratched the back of my neck and turned red. "Firm but tender." I nodded my head.

"I loved watching my sister and best friend kiss." Chandler pretended to throw up like the childish person he is.

"Guys, I don't know what it is. What's the problem?" Joey leaned against the sofa behind me.

"Joey, maybe you're just not used to kissing men." Monica suggested. "You know? Maybe you just tensed up a little bit. Maybe that's what you need to work on."

"Yeah, that makes sense." Joey agreed before looking down at Ross.

"Over my dead body." Ross emphasized. Then, Joey turned to Chandler.

"And I'll be using his dead body as a human shield." Chandler quickly blurted out. Later the next night, Joey and I were in my apartment.

"Baby, are you sure you're not upset at me for kissing a guy today?" Joey wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and rested his head between my neck and shoulder.

"This was about a job, Joey. Of course I'm not upset. Or mad, for that matter. As long as you tell me these things and you don't go off with another girl, I'll always be happy for you." I stirred the pot of Bolognese sauce. "You know, it felt really good kissing you in front of everybody."

"Really? You liked it?" He gently swayed us back and forth to the song playing in the background.

"I felt like I could finally be myself in front of the entire group." I hummed peacefully.

"Suparna, I just want to show you off to the whole world. I want to be able to call you mine in front of everybody." He left little kissed on the side of my neck.

"Why don't I help you practice kissing? Let's say...now." I grabbed his hand and pulled him into my room for a little session. Afterwards, we were cuddling. "Do you ever think about the future?"

"Of course I do." He glanced down at me before bringing me closer into him.

"Am I in it?" I intertwined our fingers.

"You are it." He kissed my temple then the top of my hand.

"What about...getting married? Or...having kids?" I brought the blankets closer into me.

"I see us getting married in a church with all of our friends and families watching. Then, I think about having a very successful honeymoon that leads to a baby. Or babies." He rubbed my shoulders and back. "We have a couple of dogs and babies with a house either here in the city or just outside of it. That's what I think about the future." He finished. "Did I scare you?"

"God, Joey, I have never been more attracted to you." I rolled on top of him and pulled him in for a deep kiss. The next day, I was at the guys' apartment, looking for food.

"I want this part so much, Chandler. Just one kiss. I won't tell one." Joey whispered to him.

"Joe, 'no' means no." Chandler turned away from his computer for barely a second.

"Hey, hi." Rachel and Ross came into the apartment.

"I'm sorry, we don't have your sheep." Chandler smirked at his joke.

"Oh, Rach, I think you look cute." Joey walked over to the couple and kissed her cheek. "And you—huh! You...I could eat with a spoon."

"Get away from me. I said no." Ross scolded him.

"Richard's waiting for us downstairs." Monica came inside.

"Hey, Richard's here? I should run down and say goodbye to him." Joey ran out of his apartment.

"Should I go down there for damage control?" I put my hands on my hips. "Nah. I'll be in my apartment if anyone needs me." I waved at them. Later, Joey came in.

"Call any ex–boyfriends you have. I need someone to kiss me!" He exclaimed.

"Uh...honey, how about we go down to the coffee shop? Scope out the eligible bachelor's for the evening." I am literally becoming my brother. A day later, Chandler was pacing in Central Perk.

"Where is she? Where is she?" He kept repeating. "Oh, hey. I have a question. Where is she?" He shook me roughly by my shoulders.

"Chandler...relax, Chandler. She'll be here." I nodded my head and reassured him.

"Oh, oh, that's her." He stared at a beautiful woman by the entrance.

"Yeah, 'cause life's just that kind." Ross articulated.

"You have got to stop staring at the door, Chandler." Phoebe shook her head. "It's like a watched pot, you know? If you keep looking at it, then the door is never going to boil." She detailed. "I think what you have to do is try not to..." But he was staring at someone.

"Oh my God." Chandler stood up. We turned back to see the one person we though we'd never see again.

"Oh...my...God." Janice repeated. Chandler walked up to her and pressed his lips against hers.

"Oh. My. God." The rest of us repeated in shock.