THIRTY EIGHT

"Some girl ate Monica!"

----------

"Hey, baby." Joey came into my apartment. 

"Hi, honey." I kissed his cheek and went back to cooking. He wrapped his arms around my waist and turned me around to face him. He reached over and turned off the stove before handing me a white envelope. "What's this?" I furrowed my brows.

"That's for really believing in me when I started my acting career. You and Chandler are the only people who supported me. That's for the headshots and making me food." He smiled at me.

"Joey, you don't need to pay me back. I paid for your headshots because I knew you would get offers and jobs for many movies and shows. And I make you food because I love you." I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I'm not accepting this." I tossed the envelope onto the table.

"At least buy yourself something nice. I've barely seen you go out shopping unless it's with one of the girls." He pouted his lips.

"Well, it's not like I get clothes from my job at Calvin Klein, you know?" I chuckled.

"Fine." He groaned. "But I'm going to make you dinner from now on. Or I'll buy you something nice. I'll be over in a bit. Bye." He kissed my cheek and grabbed the envelope.

"Bye, love you." I called out to him, going back to cooking.

"Love you, too." He replied and closed the door behind him. I headed over to Monica's apartment where she was worried about not being able to pay rent.

"I could always lend you some money." I reassured her.

"Me, too." Ross added himself.

"No, no, 'cause if I didn't pay either of you back right away, I'd feel guilty and tense around you two." She declined.

"Why don't you, uh, borrow it from Mom and Dad? You feel guilty and tense around them already." He suggested. "You might as well make some money off of them."

"You know, the man's got a point." Chandler waved his finger, but something fell off his wrist.

"Ooh. What is that sparkly thing?" My brother and Ross dove for it, but Ross grabbed it first.

"That thing? It's a, uh..." Chandler tried to take it from Ross, but he swat his hand away. "Yeah, it's...it's a little flashy." He pulled down the collar of his shirt.

"No, no. No, no. It's not flashy. Not for a goodfella." Ross handed it back to Chandler.

"Man! Man, that is sharp. That must have cost you quite a few doubloons." Monica joked.

"How many tickets did you have to trade in for it?" Phoebe, Ross, Monica, and I were laughing while Chandler mocked us. A little later, Chandler, Phoebe, and I were down in Central Perk.