SIXTY ONE

"Hello!"

"Hello!"

----------

"Yeah, baby!" Chandler cheered as he flipped a bottle of chocolate syrup.

"What are you doing?" Ross looked up from the newspaper.

"Making chocolate milk." He answered. "You want some?" He offered.

"No, thanks. I'm 29." Ross replied.

"Oh my God. I've got to go to work." Rachel quickly stood up.

"Sweetie, what time do you think you're going to get off tonight?" Ross followed behind her.

"I don't know, honey, it could be really late." Rachel grabbed her bag.

"Joey, I was thinking about renting some movies." I thought out loud.

"Alright, sounds like a plan. You can get the snacks, and I'll get the movies." He kissed my cheek before stealing my bowl of cereal.

"Hi." Phoebe walked into the apartment.

"Hey." We greeted her at the same time.

"Look at you. Since when do you rollerblade?" Chandler inquired.

"Oh, since tomorrow." She answered. "I met this really cute guy in the park. And he like, you know, jogs and blades and swims, and so we made a deal. He's going to teach me how to do all sorts of jock stuff." She explained.

"What are you going to do for him?" I leaned my chin against my hand.

"I'm going to let him." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Morning." Monica finally stepped out of her room.

"Hey, someone came in really late last night." Rachel gathered up her files for work.

"Well, I ran into Richard." She smiled.

"Richard? As in the Richard?" I choked on my cereal, so Joey pat my back soothingly.

"When did this happen?" Rachel questioned.

"Around 8:02." She answered exactly. "We, uh, talked for a little while, and then we went out for an innocent burger." She poured herself a cup of coffee.

"There's no such thing as an innocent burger." Phoebe shook her head.

"Well, are you going to see him again?" Ross spoke up.

"Tomorrow night." She replied.

"Mon, what are you doing?" I sipped on some water to clear my throat.

"She spent the last six months getting over him. And now she's celebrating that by going on a date with him." Chandler answered sarcastically.

"It's not a date, okay? I'm just going to teach him how to make a lasagna for some potluck dinner he has." She waved it off.

"You don't think that's a date? Suparna and I were making tater tots, and we ended up on the kitchen floor." Joey wrapped his arm around me.

"So you might want to make a little extra. You're going to be really hungry after the sex." I advised her.

"We're not going to have sex, okay? Nothing's changed here. He still doesn't want children, and I still do. That's why we're just going to be friends." She reassured us.

"Naked friends." Ross corrected her. Later that night, Joey and I were at his apartment with a bunch of snacks and a movie playing in the background while we kissed.

"Do you have any ice?" Rachel came into the apartment.

"Check the freezer. If there's none in there, we're probably out." He muttered against my lips.

"Are you just getting home from work? It's late." I glanced up at her, but Joey pulled me back down.

"Yeah, I know. I had the greatest day though." She replied. "I got to sit in on a meeting with Suparna and other reps from Calvin Klein. I–I told my boss I liked this line of lingerie. She ordered a ton of it." She detailed.

"Is it the one I like?" Joey inquired about the lingerie.

"Your favorite." I smirked.

"How was your guys' day?" She asked as she put ice cubes into a blender.

"I discovered I'm able to count all my teeth using just my tongue." Joey turned to look at her, ending our make out session for good.

"Uh, why do you have a copy of The Shining in your freezer?" Rachel pulled out the book.

"Oh, I was reading it last night, and I got scared, so..." He trailed off.

"But you're safe from it if it's in the freezer?" She handed him back the book.

"Safer." He corrected her. "You know, I never start reading The Shining without making sure we've got plenty of room in the freezer." He replied.

"Shoot, I have to go check on some orders for work. Do you mind if we reschedule our movie night?" I gave Joey an apologetic look.

"Of course." He nodded his head. "Love you."

"Love you, too." I pecked his lips. "Bye, Rach." I waved at her before walking out. The next day, I was hanging out with the guys in the coffee shop. Rachel got Joey hooked up on Little Women, which I'm pretty sure is Joey's first non–horror book. That's when Phoebe and her new boyfriend joined us.

"Hey, how'd the, uh, basketball go?" Ross asked them.

"Oh, okay. I learned how to shoot a lay–up, a foul shot, and a 23 pointer." She listed out.

"You mean a three pointer?" Chandler caught the ball she tossed towards him.

"I get more because I'm dainty." She did a little curtsy.

"So, uh, is there a phone here I can check my messages?" Her boyfriend, Robert, inquired.

"Yeah, in the back. Do you want a quarter?" Phoebe looked through her pockets.

"No thanks. I always carry one in my sock." Robert waved her off. I lifted his foot up, revealing his...package through his shorts. Chandler covered my eyes with his hand, and I didn't make a move to move it away. I tapped Joey's leg repeatedly to get his attention.

"Baby, what is..." He trailed off. It didn't take much to know he saw Robert as well. "Hello!" He exclaimed. I just nodded my head. Chandler finally took his hand off of me. "Hi. I'm Joey. We haven't met." He introduced himself.

"Good to meet you. Robert." The two guys shook their hands.

"Suparna." I extended my hand out, and he shook it as well. As soon as he walked away, I threw my head back. "I cannot be the only one who just saw that." I groaned while the three immature guys laughed.

"What? Do you guys not like Robert?" Phoebe sat down between me and Chandler on the couch.

"Hey, there's no need to get testy." Ross replied, making Chandler and Joey roar.

"You guys, come on." Phoebe was getting a bit annoyed.

"We're sorry. We're sorry. It just seems that Robert isn't as concealed in the shorts area as, uh, one may have hoped." I explained vaguely.

"What do you mean?" She questioned. Then, Robert came back and took a seat on the arm chair.

"Robert, could you, uh...pass me those cookies?" Joey pointed to the ones on the table.

"Sure." He lifted his leg up and reached over for them. Phoebe gasped when she saw them.