EIGHTEEN

"Your fly is open, Geller

"Your fly is open, Geller."

----------

"Hey, Rach, we're running low on resumes over here." Ross called out to her before handing me a folded paper. I took out an envelope and handed it to Joey.

"Do you really want a job at Popular Mechanics?" Monica furrowed her brows.

"If you're going to work for a mechanic, those are the ones to work for." Chandler licked a stamp before putting it on the envelope.

"Look, I'm going for anything at this point. I cannot be a waitress anymore." Rachel groaned while filing the letters. "I'm sick of the lousy tips, sick of being called 'excuse me'."

"Rach, did you proofread these?" Ross scanned one of the letters. I looked over his shoulder.

"Uh, yeah. Why?" Rachel came over to me, Ross, and Joey in the living room.

"Nothing. I'm sure they'll be impressed with your excellent 'compuper' skills." Ross cleared his throat and showed her.

"Oh my God!" She exclaimed and grabbed the paper, seeing it for herself. "Oh, do you think it's on all of them?" We all stopped working.

"I'm sure the Xerox machine caught a few." Joey replied slightly sarcastically. I smacked his arm because of his response. A week later, Monica, Phoebe, and I walk into the coffee shop.

"Hey, guys." The three of us said at the same time when we saw Chandler and Ross.

"Hey." They smiled at us before going back to their conversion. The girls and I headed over to the couch where Rachel joined us, but she had to pretend she was working.

"Hi, ladies. Uh, can I get you anything?" She stood behind the couch. "Did you bring the mail?"

"Lots of responses." Monica pulled out a gigantic stack of letters. We split them up into three groups to make it quicker.

"Really?" Rachel whispered to us. "Sure we've got some scones left." She spoke out loud to please her boss. "Read them to me." 

"'Dear Ms. Green, thank you for your inquiry. However...'" Phoebe tossed aside the letter.

"We have apple cinnamon..." Rachel said in a faltering voice.

"Okay, 'Dear Ms. Green...' Yep, yep, yep. No." Monica folded up the letter again.

"God." My eyes widened.

"What?" Rachel leaned over behind me and was practically on top of me.

"Your Visa bill is huge." I showed Monica and Phoebe the numbers.

"Give me that." Rachel snatched it out of my hands before walking away from us. Suddenly, I heard my brother laugh obnoxiously.

"Shut up!" Joey spoke up before going over to get a cup of coffee from Rachel.