SEVENTEEN

"This hummus is great

"This hummus is great."

"God bless the chickpea."

----------

"Ow, ow, ow. Ow, ow, ow. Ow, ow, ow. Ow, ow, ow." Monica and I were helping Rachel walk as we headed towards the reception desk at the hospital. 

"Hi. Our friend was taking down their Christmas lights and fell of the balcony. She may have broken her foot." I explained to the woman.

"You still have your Christmas lights up?" She exclaimed and looked at Monica and Rachel. "Fill this out and bring it back to me." She handed me a clipboard. We walked over to a set of chairs and sat down.

"Ow, ow, ow. Ow, ow, ow. Okay. Ooh. Alright." The three of us sat down. Rachel propped her leg up in my lap. I started filling out the portions I already knew.

"In case of an emergency, call...?" I trailed off and looked up at her.

"Both you and Monica." She answered very quickly.

"Really?" Monica and I turned to look at her in affection.

"Yeah." She smiled at the two of us.

"That's so sweet." Monica and I wrapped our arms around her shoulders.

"I love you." I kissed her cheek before going back to the form. "Insurance?"

"Check it. Definitely need some of that." She chuckled a little before reaching over to hold her ankle since it was practically throbbing.

"You don't have insurance?" Monica glanced over at her.

"Why? How much does it cost?" She furrowed her brows.

"X–rays alone could cost a couple hundred dollars." I replied.

"W–W–What will we do?" She stuttered out. 

"Not much that we can do." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Unless...unless I use one of yours." Rachel suggested to us. 

"Rach, that's insurance fraud." I whispered to her so no one could hear our conversation.

"Alright. Then, forget about it. Might as well just go home." She stood up and took a step. "Ow, ow, ow!" Monica pulled her back to the chairs.

"Fine, okay. I hate this." I let out a sigh.

"Thank you. I love you." Rachel wrapped her arms around my shoulders. I went over to the desk again to get a set of new forms. She gave it to me after calling me an idiot. Well, I guess for the night I'm Rachel and Rachel's me.

A little later, Monica, Rachel, and I were in a room, sitting together on the examination seat. Then, three doctors walked in.

"Okay. Uh...Suparna." One of the doctors spoke up. In my opinion, he was the cutest one.