NINE

"Here's to a lousy Christmas

"Here's to a lousy Christmas."

"And a crappy New Year."

----------

"Hey." Monica walked into Central Perk. "Ross, did you know Mom and Dad are going to Puerto Rico for Thanksgiving?" She took off her coat and sat on the end of the couch.

"No, they're not." Ross scoffed.

"The Blymans invited them." She replied.

"You're wrong." Ross looked up from his magazine.

"Ross, I am not wrong. I just talked to them." She said to him.

"I'm calling Mom." Ross closed his magazine and put it on the coffee table before standing up.

"Hey, hey." Joey walked into the coffee shop. He took off his coat and sat down at the small round table on the right.

"And this from the cry–for–help department—are you wearing makeup?" My brother asked his roommate, trying to not to laugh.

"Yes, I am." Joey rolled up his sleeves and smiled at us. "As of today, I am officially Joey Tribbiani actor slash model." Rachel put down a cup of coffee before sitting down next to Chandler.

"That's so funny. 'Cause I was thinking you look more like Joey Tribbiani, man slash woman." Chandler replied, making me hit him upside the head.

"What were you modeling for?" Phoebe asked him.

"You know those posters for the city free clinic?" He told us.

"Oh, wow! So you're going to be one of those healthy, healthy, guys?" Monica exclaimed.

"The asthma guy was really cute." Phoebe spoke up, making us nod our heads.

"Do you know which one you're going to be?" I turned to face him.

"No." He shook his head. "But I heard Lyme disease is open, so..." He crossed his fingers.

"Good luck, man. I hope you get it." Chandler nodded his head and wished Joey luck.

"Thanks." Joey smiled slightly.

"Well, you were right." Ross came over to us. "How can they do this to us?" He groaned. "It's Thanksgiving." He sat down in the arm chair.

"Okay, I'll tell you what. How about I cook dinner at my place? I'll make it just like Mom's." Monica suggested to her brother.

"Will you make the mashed potatoes with the lumps?" Ross glanced over at her.

"You know, they're not actually supposed to have...I'll work on the lumps." She quickly said when Ross rolled his eyes. "Joey, you're going home, right?" She asked him. Joey nodded his head in response. "And Chandler, I assume you're boycotting all the pilgrim holidays?"