FIFTEEN

"You know that thing

"You know that thing...with the stuff...?

----------

"Coffee for Joey. Hot chocolate for Suparna. Cappuccino for Ross. And a nice hot cider for Monica." She handed us out our drinks.

"Uh, Rachel? Why does my cinnamon stick have Ean eraser?" Monica nodded towards it.

"Oh..." Rachel felt behind her ear and took off the cinnamon stick that was supposed to be a pencil. "That's why." She put the stick in the drink and took out the pencil. Monica looked way too disgusted to even drink it, so she put it down on the coffee table.

A little later, Phoebe ran into the coffee shop. "Hey, you guys. Chandler's coming, and he says he has this, like, incredible news. So when he gets here, let's all act like—"

"Hey." Chandler walked in and hung up his coat before coming to us.

"Nevermind. But it was going to be really good." Phoebe waved her previous statement off and just sat down.

"What's going on?" We all looked up at him.

"So it's a typical day at work. Big Al calls me into his office and tells me he wants to make me the processing supervisor." He explained.

"That's great! Congratulations." We said to him.

"So...I quit." His mood made a complete 180 turn.

"Why?" We all blurted out to him.

"This was just supposed to be a temp job." He shrugged my shoulders.

"Chandler, you've been there for five freaking years." I squinted my eyes at him.

"But if I took this promotion, it'd be like admitting that this is what I actually do." He replied.

"Is it like a lot more money?" Monica asked him.

"It doesn't matter." He came over to behind the couch. "I just don't want to be one of those guys that's in his office until 12:00 in the night, worrying about the WENUS."

"The...the weenus?" Rachel spoke up.

"Weekly Estimated Net Usage Systems. It's a procession term." He clarified for us.

"What are you going to do then?" Joey inquired.

"See...that's the thing. I don't know what I want to do. I just know I won't figure it out working there." He answered.

"Oh! I have something you can do." Phoebe exclaimed. "I have this new massage client—Steve. Anyway, he's opening up a restaurant, and he's looking for a head chef." She pointed at him.

Monica tapped on Phoebe's shoulder, making her turn around to look at her. "Um...hi, there."

"Yeah, I know you're a chef, I know. And I thought of you first, but Chandler's the one who needs a job right now, so..." Phoebe went back to my brother.