FORTY THREE

"How do you expect me to grow if you won't let me blow?"

----------

"Hey." Joey walked into Central Perk. "Hi, baby." He leaned down and kissed the top of my head. The only reason he did this was because Monica and Rachel were the only ones here.

"Well, look at you. Finally got that time machine working, huh?" Rachel sat down on the couch next to me. 

"So you like it? This guy was selling them on Eighth Avenue, and I looked at them and thought, 'You know what I don't have?'" He sat down at the little table.

"A mirror?" Monica raised her eyebrows, making me chuckle.

"Fine. Make fun. I think it's jaunty. Besides, if Suparna thinks it looks good, then I'm fine." He smiled and winked at me.

"You look great, honey." replied.

"Wow. For a guy who's recently lost his job, you're in an awfully good mood." Monica crossed her arms over her chest. I nudged her shoulder for the comment.

"I'll be alright. I mean, it's not like I'm starting from square one. I was Dr. Drake Ramoray on Days of our Lives." He smiled proudly. "I mean, that's got to have some kind of cache."

"'Jaunty'? 'Cache'?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Chandler gave me word–of–the–day toilet paper." He chuckled. Rachel, Monica, and I just looked at each other funnily. "I'm going to get some coffee." Then, Phoebe walked in.

"So, so, so, did you read the book?" She sat down in the arm chair.

"Oh my God. It was incredible." Monica tossed the magazine onto the coffee table before turning to face her.

"Didn't it, like, totally speak to you?" She asked Mon.

"Woah, woah, what book is this?" Rachel and I looked between the two of them.

"Rachel, Suparna, you two have to read this book. It's called Be Your Own Wind–Keeper." Monica explained to us. "It's about how women need to become more empowered."

"And oh! And but there's wind...it can make us goddesses. But do you know who takes our wind?" Phoebe continued with the summary of the book. "Men. They just take it." Phoebe and Monica snapped their fingers.

"The...men just take our wind?" I crossed my arms over my chest and thought about it.

"Yuh–huh. All the time." Phoebe waved it off. "'Cause they are the lightning bearers."

"Wow. Well, that sounds kind of cool." Rachel looked over at me. "It's kind of like The Hobbit."

"It is nothing like The Hobbit." Monica scolded her. "God, it's like reading about every relationship I've ever had...except for Richard." She smiled to herself. She is so in love with him.