FOURTEEN

"Can we just start throwing things in?"

----------

"You cannot do this, Phoebe." Monica, Phoebe, and I hung up our coats as we walked into our favorite coffee shop.

"I completely agree with her. You cannot be that desperate, Pheebs." I shook my head.

"What? Do what?" Rachel asked us, looking at all three of us.

"Roger wants to take her out tomorrow not." I grumbled and crossed my arms over my chest.

"No! Phoebe, don't you remember why you broke up with the guy?" Rachel rubbed Phoebe's arm in a comforting way.

"'Cause he was creepy." She said in a 'I know you're right' way. "And mean, and a little frightening, too." She added. "Still, it's nice to have a date on Valentine's Day." She walked to the couch quickly. "Hi." She sat down on the couch and greeted the guys.

"Phoebe, you can go out with a creepy guy any night of the year." Monica explained. "I know I do." She let out a sigh, making me rub her back. "Hi." She glanced at Chandler and Joey.

"Hi." The two said at the same time.

"What are you guys doing tomorrow night?" Rachel looked over at them.

"Actually, tomorrow night depends on how tonight goes." Joey nodded his head and smirked.

"Oh, listen, about tonight..." Chandler spoke up.

"No, no, no. Don't you dare bail on me." Joey turned to him. "She's only going out with me because I said I could bring a friend for her friend."

"Yes, but her friend sounds like such a—" Chandler tried to say.

"Pathetic mess, I know." Joey finished. Monica, Rachel, and I looked at each other inn a funny way. "Come on, man. She's needy. She's vulnerable. I'm thinking...cha–ching." I picked up one of the pieces of bread on Rachel's plate and threw it at the back of Joey's head. "Thanks." He picked it up from the couch and started eating it.

"Suparna, I thought you and Joey were going to do something together. Like you always do." Rachel muttered to me while Monica nudged my shoulder.

"I know, but I put off asking him, and now it's too late." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Hi." Ross walked over to us from a woman by the counter. "She said yes." He replied giddily.

"Nice going, man." Chandler stood up and hugged him. Then, we heard a crack. "Still got the egg, huh?" My brother asked him.

"Yeah." Ross replied with a nod. The girls and I shared looks of confusion and that said 'I don't want to know'. Later that night, Monica, Phoebe, Rachel, and I were making dinner.

"Okay, Roger was creepy, but he was nothing compared to Pete Carney." Rachel said.

"Which one was Pete Carney?" Monica looked over at her.