SEVENTY EIGHT

"God, I love how sexy I am

"God, I love how sexy I am."

----------

"Hello. What's this?" Ross picked up the piece of paper who tossed aside to get Rachel's attention. "Oh, right. It's that girl's phone number." He stated monotonously while Rachel just sighed and went back to her book. "Yeah, yeah, there it is. Just a phone number a really hot girl gave me." He emphasized. "It's not big deal. I mean, it is her home phone number, but..." He raised his voice to get her attention. "Woah!" He pretended to drop again, this time in Rachel's lap. "Wh–Whoops. Almost lost this baby." He chuckled. "Yeah, the lovely Amanda gives me her number, and I–I go and drop it." He waved it in Rachel's face nonchalantly. Phoebe was about to sneeze, so Rachel took the paper out of Ross' hand and handed it to Phoebe, who sneezed into it.

"Thank you." She handed it back to Ross. A couple of days later, we were back at Central perk where Joey kind of sneakily stared at this girl at the counter.

"Oh, she's pretty. Pretty, uh, pretty girl. The pretty...my girlfriend's pretty." He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and tried to play it off. I glanced back at her.

"Yeah, she's cute." I agreed.

"Do you think I could just go introduce myself? She looks familiar." He was clearly trying to come up with an excuse to go up to the redhead.

"Go. Get it out of your system and come back to me." I pecked his lips and let him go.

"It's...it's tough being in a relationship. But I am so glad I found Amanda." Ross spoke up loudly.

"Ross, you guys went out once. You took your kids to Chuck E. Cheese, and you didn't even kiss her." Rachel reminded him of his pathetic date.

"My brother tells secrets. It makes them like him." Ii shrugged my shoulders.

"Oh." Phoebe came in with her guitar and sneezed into a tissue.

"Phoebe, you're really sick. You shouldn't play. You should just go home and get in bed and stay there." Monica advised her demandingly. 

"But I'm unemployed. My music is all I really have now." Phoebe countered, her nose completely stuffed up. "Well, music and making my own shoes. Pretty, huh?" She lifted up her foot to show us her handmade...footwear. Before sneezing once again.

"Joey's been there for an awfully long time, hasn't he?" I glanced back to see them still talking.

"You know how much he loves you, hon. He wouldn't do something like that." Monica assured me, but something in me told me otherwise. Then, my brother came in.

"Hey!" He smiled over at Joey and the redhead at the counter.

"Hey! Hey–Hey. Hey." Joey greeted him kind of nervously.

"I see you guys already met, huh?" He pecked the girl's cheek. I guess this is the date he's been raving about.

"Yes, yes. I was just trying to figure out a way to demonstrate how I can get my exceptionally large feet into my even bigger mouth." Joey made up an excuse.