TEN

"Somebody kiss me

"Somebody kiss me. It's midnight!"

----------

"Guys. There's somebody I'd like you to meet." Ross stepped into Monica's apartment...with a monkey on his back. Rachel, Phoebe, and I awed at the little monkey.

"Wait. Wait. What is that?" Monica stuttered out while pointing at the monkey.

"His name is Marcel. Want to say hi?" He asked her.

"No, I don't." She quickly took a couple of steps back, moving over to stand behind me.

"Oh, he is precious. Where did you get him?" Rachel asked him.

"My friend, Bethel, rescued him from some lab." He explained.

"That is so cruel." Phoebe scoffed and shook her head. "Why would a parent name their child Bethel?" She inquired.

"Hey, that monkey's got a Ross on his ass." Chandler walked out of the bathroom.

"Ross, is he going to be living with you in you apartment??" Monica kept her hands on my shoulders, practically using me as a human shield.

"Yeah. It's been kind of quiet since Carol left, so..." He trailed off and shrugged his shoulders.

"Why don't you get a roommate?" Monica suggested quite logically.

"I think you reach a certain age when having a roommate is kind of pathe—" He stopped talking when he noticed us giving him looks since two–thirds of us were roommates. "Uh...I'm sorry. That's 'pathet', which is Sanskrit for 'really cool way to live'." He corrected before walking away. A little later, we were at Central Perk. 

"Guys, I'm doing all new material tonight." Phoebe was tuning her guitar. "I have twelve new songs about my mother's suicide and one about a snowman."

"Might want to open with the snowman." Chandler suggested to her. Then, Joey walked into the coffee shop, wiping snow off of his coat. He sat down next to me on the couch and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"So, how'd it go?" Ross asked as he brought me closer into him. His face was cold from the snow.

"Oh, I didn't get it." He shook his head sadly.

"How could you not get it?" Ross scoffed slightly. "You were Santa last year."

"I don't know. Some fat guy's sleeping with the store manager." He shrugged his shoulders. "The guy's not even jolly. It's all political."

"What are you going to be then?" I wiped the bit of snow on his hair.

"I'm going to be one of his helpers, but it's just such a slap in the face, you know?" He explained.

"Do you guys know what you're doing for New Year's?" Rachel came over to us and asked, making the others groan. "Geez! What–What is wrong with New Year's?"