Thranduil

((Thought maybe I should start on a Thranduil imagine/songfic as a celebration for the 40th chapter!))

Bags all packed, make sure...

You remember everything.

You slam your hand down against the desk and snarl.

"ENOUGH! I'M LEAVING!"

Thranduil, your husband of three years, looked quite stern, his emotionless self-didn't change a moment.

"Very well. Your things will be packed by the time you say goodbye to Legolas."

No looking back no more; not for anything.

This is what you wanted, isn't it?

Clear it out just like you've never been.

Your eyes widen, heartbroken that he didn't feel hurt for a moment. As your felt your tears brimming, you stubbornly stand your ground and nod.

"Fine..."

It's not like you've been aching to leave for a while... it is just that you were hoping more dramatic emotions from him. You reach up and take your crown, the symbolism of you being Queen of Mirkwood, and set it down gently against the table with shaky hands.

What's a goodbye good for, anyway?

There's nothing left of you to remind me...

But somehow you're still standing behind me...

I'm trying hard to forget you,

But my empty walls won't let me let you go.

When you took it all you forgot your shadow...

You had finished packing your satchel and had fitted yourself in a ranger outfit, cloak, and everything, waiting for the long travel ahead. You sigh as you look up, to see Thranduil was watching you with those intense eyes the entire time. You frown before stomping out of his chambers, not waiting to say farewell.

You say you wish me well without you.

Something 'bout you tell me that you know, oh oh, oh oh...

When you took it all you forgot...

Your shadow...

Your shadow...

When you took it all you forgot your shadow...

Your shadow...

Your shadow...

You stare down at the baby in the crib, watching him giggle when he played with your finger in his little hands. The tiny mop of blonde hair, barely noticeable to the naked eye, made him look more and more like his father each time. You smiled down at your son, your heart slowly breaking as your smile fades. You lean down and kiss your two-year-old son's head.

"Goodbye, Legolas. Nana loves you... more than anything, more than life..." You whispered down at him, even though he couldn't understand you yet.

Hide all your photographs,

But I can feel you watching me.

How long does your memory last?

It's time I ought to be moving on an getting over you.

I bet it looks like I'm not even trying to.

Here all alone, my past on the walls...

You throw your satchel over your shoulder and glance at the Elf King one last time. The man you used to love so much, now stared down at you disgust like you were more lowly than him.

With nothing left of you to remind me...

So why are you still standing behind me...?

"Farewell, you selfish bastard." You hiss as you walk out the front gates of Mirkwood, the place you had called home ever since you and Thranduil started courting. You straighten your back, your nose in the air, and you stomp into the woods, never to be heard from again.

I'm trying hard to forget you but my empty walls won't let me let you go.

When you took it all, you forgot your shadow...

You say you wish me well without you.

Something 'bout you tells me that you know,

When you took it all, you forgot,

Your shadow...

Your shadow...

Once you were out of sight, Thranduil stood alone in his chambers that he had once shared with you, and he stared around. The portraits of you were burned alive in the fireplace, only to have his son's pictures hung on the wall. His son...your son...

When you took it all you forgot your shadow...

Your shadow...

Your shadow...

Oh oh, oh oooooooh...

He began to sob, breaking down and forgot he was trying to keep a straight posture, now kneeling over the bed in heartbreak. His stern, stubborn walls, began to crumble down...

It's always there, too close, too much.

The shape of something I can't touch.

I turn...

To find the shadows grow...!

Those empty eyes I begged to stay are watching me from yesterday!

You can leave me!

Can you leave me alone...?

He looks up to find the only thing you made sure you left behind...

Your wedding ring.

I'm trying hard to forget you,

But my empty walls won't let me let you go...

Let me go...!

He sniffed back the tears as he remembered when he had first kissed you, married you, made you smile, and had a child with him. The days when you two were actually happy...

You say you wish me well without you.

But something 'bout you tells me that you know...

When you took it all you forgot...!

Your shadow...!

Your shadow...!

When you took it all you forgot your shadow!

He takes the diamond ring from the nightstand and clutches it enough that he could break it, but didn't. It was the only thing he had left of you. He didn't even remember why you two were fighting this morning. One minute you were yelling at him, the next you were walking out his door.

Your shadow...!

Your shadow...!

Oh oh, oh oohhh.

When you took it all you forgot...

Your shadow...

Your shadow...

Bags all packed, make sure...

He sighs. He'll never get you back again...He'll have to raise your son alone...

You remember everything...

"Farewell, you selfish bastard." ~You