Kili #2

Fili Durin was getting married today and you were his bride's best friend, which automatically turned you into the Maid of Honor. You stand next to the altar with Fili, and his brother, Kili, who was automatically his Best Man. The three of you were waiting for the bride and you happened to look over at Kili. He was already looking at you and when your eyes met, he smirked and winked at you. You blush and look away when you heard the violins, signaling the bride was coming.

~~~~~~~

Everyone was having a lovely feast at Rivendell to celebrate the newly wedded couple. It made you smile how much Fili looked happy since you cared how much he felt since he was like your brother and you would hate it if he got hurt. You stood by Thorin and Balin, deep in conversation about how to divide the kingdom of Erebor with the humans, since they DID aid your dwarves in the Battle of The Five Armies. You had suggested the fields would belong to the men when the mountains would belong to the dwarves, which Balin argued about since he thought it would be best to just split the mountains altogether. Thorin was taking both of your ideas into consideration when Kili respectfully walked to your little group. He bows and spoke with royalty.

"Might I snatch Y/N from you for a moment, Uncle?"

Thorin nods with a slight important frown but for a second you could see his smile. Kili took your hand and led you to the dance floor. You smile up to him as his straight face looks down into your eyes, his arm sits on your hip and his other takes your hand in his. Your bodies are pressed close together as the two of you sway in a dance to the violins and harp. You look around just to avoid his gaze and smile at people who would smile over at you. You see Fili bringing his new wife to the dance floor and when he sees you, you both share a wink and the new couple dance next to you.

"Y/N, please look at me."

You look at Kili's gorgeous chocolate colored eyes to see how sad he looked.

"What's wrong, Kili?" You asked.

Kili looks down at you with such hurt it made your heartache. He was your best friend and almost a brother. You can't bear to see him hurting. You then remembered he was wounded in the battle that took place a week ago.

"Is your shoulder hurting again?"

He shakes his head. "Just my heart."

You feel your own heart leap a little, and your breath caught in your throat. You feel his breath on your lips and his he buries his face in the crook of your neck. You sigh.

"Why should your heart hurt when I love you so much?"

The words left your lips before you could think. And you realized it was the truth. You did love him. Kili lifted his head to look back into your eyes, but he wasn't sad anymore. He wore his original childish smile and it made you smile back. He kisses you, and you melt into his kiss.

"I love you more." he teased.

You giggle with a smirk. "I love you most."

The two of you continue to dance and in the corner of the room was Thorin and Balin, who were staring at the pair of you. Thorin can't help but noticed how grown up his nephews were, dancing with the most beautiful and loyal women in all of Middle-Earth.

Balin noticed his staring and chuckles, whispering in Thorin's ear.

"I think we can both guess who's getting married next?" the old dwarf spoke as he motioned over to you and Kili dancing and laughing.

Thorin then glumly, softly smiled. "Of course."