Fili #2

You were a charming little lass. Curly hair with pigtails and pink ribbon. You had your school book tucked to your side as you skipped through the village, your skirt brushing your legs. You come up to the cabin farthest from the village and knocked on the door. The dwarf to answer it, was dear old Balin. He smiles down at you and steps aside for you to come in.

"Y/N! Just in time, laddie."

Balin liked to school young children about the history of their kin, the dwarves. He thinks its best for young dwarves to know about the past before they worry about their future. For now, the only children in this village is you, Kili, and his older brother, Fili. Who is also your best friend. You step into the kitchen and laugh.

The Durin brothers, who were the same age and same size with you, were sitting at the table, quills, ink, and books out but with one problem...they were writing ink on each other. (This was how tattoos were invented😉) They immediately stop when Balin enters with his jolly face and a hand on your shoulder. He raises his eyebrow in a warning look at the boys as he grabs you and sits you on a chair next to Fili since you were too small to climb onto the chair yourself. You take out your book at Kili smirks that childish smile.

"Still wearing pink, Y/N?" he teased.

You smile. "If that's how you're gonna play it, I dare you to wear pink tomorrow."

"You're on."

"Kili, you have just made the biggest mistake of your life." Fili chuckled.

"Pipe down, laddie," Balin spoke up and turned your page to where you left off yesterday. "Now, I'll go through this again. Who was King Under The Mountain when Erebor was taken by the dragon, Smaug?"

"King Thror," the three of you answered in unison.

"Who was his son?"

"Prince Thrain." Again, in unison.

"Who were Thror's GRANDSONS?"

"Thorin Oakenshield and Frerin." You answer by yourself, surprised that the boys didn't answer.

"Uncle Frerin and Uncle Thorin." Kili rolled his eyes. "We already knew this Balin."

"Yeah." Fili agreed. "WE'RE the heirs!"

"Now now, my princes." You tease with a fake bow. "One can never have too much knowledge!"

"I couldn't put it better myself. Very good, Y/N." Balin smiled and turned away to fetch a book from the library.

"Teacher's pet," Fili muttered to you with a smirk.

You frown, "School drop-out."

"Prissy girl." he continued.

"Filthy lion-boy." You motion to his blonde hair.

Kili tried to hold in his laughter, Balin still distracted from all this by still searching for a specific book. You and Fili continue taunting and Little Kili just smiles, enjoying the show.

"Scaredy-cat." He mocked.

"Push-over." You hiss.

He frowned. This was getting intense. And every time the two of you would say something mean to each other, you would lean in closer to each other's faces, both of you frowning.

"Weirdo," he growled.

"Sick-o."

"What's that?" Kili giggled.

"It means 'Sick Orc'," you say as you stick your nose in the air.

Kili chuckled to himself as Fili frowned, now the two of you are close enough for your noses to touch. He tries to think of a good come back...and this is what he came up with:

"Pretty maiden."

Your eyes grow wide and your cheeks and ears grow hot, Kili can no longer contain his laughter and pounds his fist against the table as he clutches his stomach, trying to gasp for air between laughs. Balin looks back at the three of you to see you and Fili in bright red colors painted on each other's cheeks. Fili looks away from you, completely embarrassed. His frown says it all and you had reason to believe that he didn't mean it...

Years later, and Fili now has a beard and is fully grown. You and your beauty have also grown. Fili told you of his feelings for you the night before he left to reclaim the Lonely Mountain. You and Fili are now married, you live in Erebor where Thorin is king and Kili is Head of The Guard. You have two beautiful children. The oldest is a girl and your youngest is a boy who looks like a lot like his father. Fili knows you are carrying his third unborn child and he looks at you as if you were a glass china doll, so fragile. When you lock eyes with him, you can tell how frightened he looks when he looks out upon the horizon. You know what he thinks about. Mostly how much he's afraid of a dragon returning to steal Erebor again, and this time, Fili won't lose his father...he would lose you and his children. You can tell he has nightmares about it because he wakes in the middle of the night a lot. He'll watch you sleep a little before calming down and cuddle close to you. You are his everything, you and his children. You are his whole world. And even though he knows that you will never leave him and that he will never lose you, he still holds you close in his arms every night to make sure your not going anywhere, and he will repeatedly tell you of the day you were children yourselves, and he told you how much of a pretty maiden you are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got one word to say: CUTE!