Dwalin

The mountain pass was steep and slippery, not to mention...dangerous. You had your dark green hood over your head, but that didn't stop the hard rain to pour through your clothes and soaking you to the bone. Your hair stuck to your face and your vision was blinded by rain. The sound of thunder blocked your hearing and you tried to look through the night, barely seeing the thirteen dwarves and hobbit in front of you, for you were in the very back of the group. You hear the sound of the storm giants battling and everyone including you was yelling. It was when the Thunder Battle was over did the REAL danger came.

All of you were settling on the ledge when you heard rocks cracking and froze. Everyone looked to you, for they also heard that sound, and also froze. Balin slowly took a step towards you.

"Y/N...walk towards me...slowly..."

Your breath hitched in your throat as you stared down at your feet. The rocks were slowly crumbling underneath you, your weight not helping very much. Your entire body shakes, not because you were cold, but because you were scared for your life. Balin motioned Dwalin over with a 'best be careful' look. Dwalin held on to Balin's hand as they lowered themselves towards you, Dwalin's hand reached out as his brother tried to lower him to you. You slowly reach a shaking hand towards him, but that didn't do much, you two were so far apart.

"Come on, lass. Be a little braver and take a step." Dwalin urged.

You looked at him like he was nuts, but you listened to him anyway. You cautiously took a step forward and everyone held their breath in horror. Everything was quiet, as you wait to fall, but nothing happened. Everyone sighed, you and Dwalin most of all.

THAT'S when you fell.

"AHHHHHHH!" you screamed.

"Y/N!" Dwalin yelled.

You began to plummet to your death as you reach your hands up to grab hold to something. Your fingers clasp to a rock ledge and your falling came to a stop. You grunt when your body slammed against the wall, guessing you probably broke a rib. You moan, only one hand holding to the ledge for dear life and the other clutching your aching side.

"Y/N?!?!"

"Are you hurt?!?"

"Answer us, lass!!"

All dwarves were looking over the side, down at you in horror trying to reach you. Tears stung your eyes as you looked up.

"I-I'm slipping!!"

"Hang on, lassie!" Bofur called down. "Dwalin's coming to get you!"

You nod, even though they probably couldn't see you in the dark rain. You hung there for some time, your fingers slowly slipping. You can feel your end is near until someone was right above you.

"Y/N!"

You look up. "Dwalin!"

"Give me your hand!" He reaches to you.

You slowly reach your free hand up to him and you link hands, he slowly pulled you up from the ledge.

Tears stung your eyes. "D-Don't let me fall!"

"I'm not going to let you fall. I promise."

Finally, after what seemed like forever, Dwalin pulled you towards him and the two of you sat on the ledge, side by side, dazed. You cower and snuggle close to him, afraid of falling again.

At first, the dwarf warrior didn't know what to do. He hesitates as he wraps his arms around you, blushing.

"Dwalin?! Did you get her?!" Oin calls down.

Dwalin looks up. "She's fine. But I think she broke a rib."

You could hear sighs of relief and cheers above you, making you smile.

"Hang on for a moment!" Thorin called down. "We're sending down some rope!"

The two of you sat there for some time, in the cold wet mountain pass, waiting for help to arrive. But Dwalin didn't take his arms off you, afraid you would fall again or die of the cold without him. He whispers close to you.

"I told you I wasn't gonna let you fall...never ever again."