Legolas #2 (One-Shot)

(This is for Nessa Telemmaite)

I was too tired to get up and serve the King today. Mirkwood doesn't need an extra elf for right now, does it? I was actually kind of feeling sick from all that ale I gulped down yesterday, to show the other elves that not just Tauriel has the strong stomach around here.

I moan as I toss and turn in bed, my stomach felt worse. I turn my head to look at my twin knives, my sword, my bow, and my sheath of arrows leaning up against the wall. I shook the thought of a good hunt making me feel better away and I stare up into the ceiling. My blonde, red hair was scattered over my pillow, with a mess of knots and tangles. Not very elegant for an elf like me I know. But I'm sick.

My green eyes immediately turn their attention to the door as it slowly creaks open. Legolas popped his head in and I groan, covering my face with my pillow.

"I know. The king wants my assistance. I'll be there in a minute."

"Actually he said you can have the day off." Legolas smiled. "And he wishes for you to get better soon."

I look at my old friend with wide eyes. He knew I was sick? "How the bloody hell does your father do that?"

"Magic." he teased, sounding like his childish self, which he'll only show off to me since I'm his closest friend.

I laugh but regret it when my stomach turned again and I moaned, clutching my stomach. Legolas closes the door behind him and sits on the side of my bed. He sadly smiles down at me as he sets his bow and arrows down.

"You need anything?"

I shook my head. "Just talk so I can be distracted."

He and I are soon in a deep conversation about the stories we had when we were kids. I've known him ever since I was a child, we were both pretty adventurous and we were both flexible about it even now. To be honest, him and his father are the only families I have. Ever since my parents died when I was 10 I've been an orphan, all alone. But Thranduil saved me and Legolas has always been there for me ever since. As he talked, I looked up at his features with curious eyes. His long blonde hair, his dazzling blue eyes, his slender jaw. These made him unique and wonderful to be around. He was just an amazing piece of character.

"Nessa?"

I blink and came out of wonderland. Legolas was looking down at me with worry.

"Are you alright? You were sort of dazing..."

"I'm fine," I reassured, leaning back on my pillow, turning my back towards him. I felt slightly embarrassed and I didn't feel like talking anymore. "I'm going to rest now."

I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep. My mind buzzed with so many thoughts that even if I wanted to sleep, I couldn't. I didn't feel my mattress move so I assumed Legolas was still there. I felt rude for just ending the conversation like that but I'm sick, surely Legolas could understand that, right?

Then, I felt his hand on my back and rubbing it soothingly. He kept massaging my back, making me sigh. He's never touched me this way before. He was more hesitant and worried compared to the friendly hugs he'll give me once in a while. Soon, I felt better thanks to his soothing touch and I turn back to look at him, seeing his eyes were soft and nervous when they met mine.

"You work wonders, Legolas." I smiled.

He slowly smiles back and stops massaging my back. I feel disappointed at first until his hand moves up to tuck a strand of hair behind my pointed ear. Again, he hesitated...before he laid down next to me and to my surprise, I let him. Once he was comfortable I snuggled close to him, my head on his chest. His arms didn't hesitate this time and wrapped around me tightly. I sigh. My stomach doesn't hurt anymore, but it fluttered as I grasped the fact on how much I fancied my best friend. It was like he read my mind but he was the first to say it.

"Amin mela lle, Nessa." He whispered.

My heart skipped a beat and he felt it against his chest, I could tell. I closed my eyes and gripped his shirt through my fingers.

"Amin mela lle, Legolas." I whispered back.

(I think we can all guess on what 'Amin mela lle' means right?)