Aragorn

You paced back and forth with the women and children in the caves of Helms Deep. Outside, the sounds of swords clashing and lives to die have vanished and everyone thought the war was over, but no one dared to go outside to find out. Eowyn, a maiden of Rohan, was comforting an old woman who was worried sick about her husband and two sons. You and Eowyn exchange glances and you quickly look away, your pacing continued. You wish you could fight, but he made you promise to stay out of danger. You and Eowyn are the last defense if the orcs broke into the caves. That made you nervous as you gripped your sword handle. You knew how to fight, as did Eowyn. But what worried you...if the orcs finally broke in, did that mean that the war was lost? Did that mean the men outside are no more? Did that mean...Aragorn.

You wipe the thought away. Aragorn was a ranger you met in the woods outside of Bree one day. That had to be five years ago, and you've been the closest of friends since. But soon, you began to feel other things for him. When you learned that Strider was Aragorn, the future king of Gondor, you tried to be more distant. Because you knew when the time came, he needed to pick a woman of royalty, and he wouldn't have a poor ranger-woman as a friend when he is crowned.

In a matter of minutes, you heard the huge doors open and you and Eowyn draw your swords, running into a fighting stance as everyone held their breath. The first man that entered the doors wasn't an Orc, but an old, frail man and a teenaged boy beside him.

"Boran! Reese!" The old woman Eowyn was comforting earlier ran to her family. The men embraced the woman, all three of them in tears because they had lost their youngest son and brother this very night.

Eowyn and you lower your swords in hesitation as more injured, but alive men came swarming into the caves to find their mothers, daughters, wives, and little children.

"Eowyn."

Eowyn spun around to see her brother, Eomer and her uncle, Theoden, sneak up behind her and laughs with pure joy as she embraces her small family.

You smile sadly at them as they hug each other close. Reality hits you and your head spins in every direction, looking for a man that caught your eye, or stood out among the crowd. Your heart leaped into your throat and suddenly it was hard to breathe when you couldn't see him.

"No...No...No..." You whispered a little loudly, your heart going into panic mode.

"Aragorn! ARAGORN!" You scream out, still trying to reach him.

You wouldn't give up. He CAN'T be dead...he just can't. Tears streamed down your face when no one replied to his name, as other men in armor pushed past you in a hurry to find their own families. A bead of sweat ran down your forehead, for it was getting humid in these caves with so many people busing through the place. It was starting to get crowded and you could barely move your arms around. You start pushing others aside, determined to get out of the caves and search the city for him where you could breathe fresh air. You grunt as metal armor slightly scratches your arm but you continue, not caring if people were stomping on your skirt.

"Aragorn! Aragorn!" You continued yelling as you filed out of the caves, pushing through upcoming soldiers as you make it to the main room of the castle. The room was full of injured or dying people, and you prayed your three friends weren't any of them.

"ARAGORN!" you scream out one more time.

No answer.

You gave up. That's it. You gave up. He would've answered by now if he were alive. Your tears were uncontrollable as you sank to the floor, gripping the nearest wooden table for support. You wept, gasping for air as tears stained your maroon dress. Your heart shattered as the sun rose over the city.

In the distance, there was a faint voice that you could barely hear, but you knew one thing for sure...

It was your name.

"Y/n!"

Your eyes shot open and you stood, your head zipping around for the owner of that voice. Your eyes fix on the front gate and you squint when the sun rays blinded your vision from the three figures in the distance.

One Elf. One Dwarf. And...

One Man.

A man with cropped dark hair with a tiny curl to them. He had a short, stubby beard with a sharp jawline. He had kind, determined, bluish grey eyes that you instantly recognized. A smile spread across your face when you realized the man was running towards you.

You start running towards him as well, your skirt whipping past your legs and tripping your feet once in a while but you didn't care. You needed to reach him!

You ran until you tripped then you got up and ran again. Tears of sadness were replaced with tears of joy as he stalked over towards you with a new limp from the battle. When you were arm's length of each other, his hands had found your waist and lifted you up into the air, spinning you around with a tight embrace.

You both smile as your hands gripped the back of his sweaty, dirty neck when he lowered you to his height. He barely smiled but when he did, you knew it was because of seeing you.

Without hesitation, you both smash your lips together, your hands on either side of his face with his on your waist, pulling you close to him. All your friendly hugs and smiles from the past washed away as you both shared your first kiss. Not only did you wish for this moment, but his lips also responded as if he hungered for this for so long.

There were no words as the kiss deepened into more than just a happy reunion, oh no. It was MUCH more.

Neither of you needed to say anything. You just knew.

(If there is bad spelling grammar in these two new chapters I am so sorry. I was in a rush to publish and didn't look through them a second time to see if they were any good. I hope you liked them! And there's more to come!)