Bofur #2 (One-Shot)

(My first one-shot request! Shout out to @DeannaJO!! Hear goes, Deanna! Hope you like it!
Bofur: I know I do, lass😉)

~Deanna's POV~

I sputter as me and my barrel dips out of the water, the current pulling us back in again. My glasses have gone and my wavy brown hair has stuck onto the back of my neck. I look around and gasp in horror as I see a familiar mop of curly hair bob underneath the rushing water.

"Bilbo!" I scream and reach my hand underwater.

My fingers grasp onto his maroon coat and grip it tightly, pulling him up. The Hobbit I've considered a father for years gasps as he's lifted from the water and I pull him into the barrel with me since I'm small enough for him to fit in with me. I may be human, but I'm only 4"10. Bilbo coughs up water and looks at me.

"Deanna! Hold tight!"

We grip the edges of the barrel, trying to balance it off. We noticed the current has slowly died into a stop, now we moan as we tiredly paddle along with the rest of the Company. We reach shore with the others and I blindly look around, Bilbo looks at me worriedly.

"Where are your glasses?"

"I found them!" A deep accent called out. "Must have dropped into my barrel when I dipped into the water."

I couldn't see who it was but when Bilbo helped me put my glasses back on, I noticed it was Bofur. His goofy smile grows wider as I blush and nervously smile.

"T-Thank you, Bofur."

"Your welcome Lassie!" He patted my shoulder. Funny, his hat can stay on his head but his braids can't stay up right after THAT mess of barrels and orcs. I giggle and the Company relaxes a little as we discuss our next move. I help with quickly bandaging Kili's wound and we go to find help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our new friend, Bard, rides us to Laketown on his boat and we sneak into his house, knowing we could be executed if the brute, the Master, finds us. I bond with Bard's daughters and we giggle as we gossip in one corner while we all warm up in blankets.

(I find it funny that the kids who play Bard's daughters are actually BOFUR'S children in reality 😂. There you go, Deanna!)

That night, as everyone sleeps, I wake silently to the sounds of a frustrated grunt behind me. I turn to see a funny sight that made me want to giggle.

Bofur had his hat off and was trying to untangle his matted hair while also trying to re-braid it. A slight frown forms on his lips as his finger tangle in the mess of dark brown hair. He grunts again and I just had to smile.

"Hey, Bofur?" I called out in a whisper.

Bofur looks up from his hair, his frown slightly disappearing. "Yeah, Deanna?"

I carefully and quietly step over the snoring dwarves and sit next to him.

"Can I braid your hair?" I volunteer.

At first, Bofur looks at me in shock. It was a random question, but really, his hair needed a 'ladies touch'. He then chuckles. "Sure, lass! Braid away!"

I giggle and sit behind him, gently grabbing a little of his hair and start braiding. Throughout half the night, I braided his hair and then his beard. He was quiet and patient the whole time and I find it lovely how his beard would naturally curl when you would braid it, defying gravity.

(Me: *cackles* Boy, Peter Jackson must've used A LOT of hairsprays!!)

After I've finished, I am shocked when he gently grabs my hand and kisses my palm. I blush fiercely, my eyes widen in shock. He turns so he was facing me, smirking with that cheeky smile as he places his hat on my small head. He laughs silently as the hat slips into my eyes and I giggle, lifting the hat back up. He lifts my chin so our brown eyes meet and he whispers so sweetly, butterflies form in my heart every time I think about it.

"Do you love me as I love you, Deanna?"

I smile and I kiss his nose. "With all my heart."

He chuckles as slowly, we lean in to kiss on the lips but...well...someone just HAD to wake up.

Bilbo: "What do you two think you're doing?"

(🎶Deanna and Bofur sitting in a tree🎶 lol just kidding. Thanks for the request, Deanna! And don't be afraid to do the same readers! I have to admit I love the fact to hear that there are girls out there who love Bofur because he deserves some of the credit on how funny The Hobbit is! He was my favorite! Then...Thorin just HAD to show up and steal my heart💖)