Bilbo

You have been traveling alone for some time until you came across the company of Thorin Oakenshield. Sure, you were human, but for a human...you were as small as a hobbit. The dwarves and wizard didn't seem to mind since they let you join their adventure (and you were good with weapons) but the way the hobbit they considered their burglar was staring at you, you felt uncomfortable. Did he think you didn't belong? Was he jealous that you were better with a sword? Did he just think it was wrong for a woman to join this journey? The questions buzzed in your head every time you caught him staring at you. You wanted to prove yourself, but when you do, the Hobbit is trying to prove himself to Thorin. Maybe he was angry that another 'nobody' has tagged along and that he might not get to prove his bravery?

That night, it was your watch. The dwarves would snore loudly and the wizard, Gandalf, was taking deep breaths as he slept. You take out a carved piece of wood that you were working on ever since you joined this adventure. Your family was known for woodcarving and you considered yourself an expert. You turn at a sound and there he was. The Hobbit, and yet you don't even know his name.

"Oh. Hello," you say with a startled voice.

The hobbit shyly walked over to you, scratching the back of his head nervously. "Hello...forgive me. But I do not know your name."

You laugh cheerfully, making him smile. "It is quite alright. My name is Y/N."

"Y/N," he repeated to himself but loud enough for you to hear. "A pretty name."

You blush, feeling a little embarrassed at your next question. "May I ask for yours?"

He smiled. "Bilbo Baggins, at your service m'lady."

The two of you talk for a while until you get to know each other and are immediately friends. After a while, Bilbo looks over your shoulder to see your wood carving, looking astonished.

"Is that...me?"

You blush at you look down at your little figure made of wood. You didn't mean for the piece of wood to be carved into a hobbit, but your hands thought for themselves when your mind would wander. The tiny figure looked exactly like dear little Bilbo. The wooden figure had his coat, curls, and every detail you could think of! There were even carvings on his bare feet to make it look like hair! The figure had his hands on his hips in triumph as his chin sticks in the air, looking as proud and as handsome as the life-size Bilbo Baggins.

Bilbo pretended to stroke a fake beard on his chin and smiled. "Well, isn't THAT little guy just handsome!"

You laugh. You had no idea, but this night was to be the beginning of a beautiful friendship...maybe even more.