Pippin

It was Bilbo and Frodo Baggins' birthday tonight and you couldn't wait to wear your brand new dress for the occasion. It was a white, frilly dress that had a pink and green flower print. You wore a brown leather blouse over it and it laced up around the front in a tight bow. The sleeves were short and poofy while the skirt had green frills at the end of the dress and it fluffed while it swayed over your feet when you twirled. You wore your hair in tight curls, with sky blue ribbons in your hair, matching your hair color with perfection. You never wore makeup, your dress and gorgeous face was perfect without it, and make-up never described you anyways. You grab your leather pouch and skip out the door.

When you make it to the party, you stared in awe and amazement. Lanterns hung from the huge tree in the middle, tents with festive colors hung over your head in cover. The big sign that was flowing in the wind that said 'Happy Birthday, Bilbo Baggins!' kind of bothered you. Everyone was celebrating Bilbo's birthday, but not Frodo's. And he doesn't mind. God, why does your friend have to be so modest! This is an important year for him! He's turning the age where he can call himself an adult and no longer a tween (in hobbit years it's like turning into a teenager into an adult)! You wish Frodo would stick up for himself sometimes because one day his friends won't be able to.

You realized you were fashionably late to the party and you didn't mind. As you pass by some quests, you heard the words 'Took' and 'Brandybuck's prank!' and 'dragon fireworks'! You roll your eyes. You didn't have to be there to know what happened! You just KNEW. You quickly went over to Frodo to give him his only birthday present -despite the fact that hobbits usually give out gifts on their birthday instead of receiving- gave him a quick hug, and went to go find Merry and Pippin.

Pippin. In a way, you two are both in love with each other, and you both know that. But you never really thought of going out. I mean, you both shared a kiss or two but you wouldn't consider you two a 'couple'. It just never occurred. You loved Pippin very much. You were related to his best friend, Merry, and that's how you first met Pippin. You loved his cute face and curly locks. You loved his personality and his pranks, heck, you even loved it when he pranked YOU!

You search further and found Merry and Pippin. Finally! You smile to yourself when you realized that Gandalf The Grey was chaperoning them as they washed the party dishes and trays! You giggle! You knew they must have done something STUPID in order to be cleaning dishes for Gandalf. As you got closer, you realized that Merry and Pippin were covered in soot and dirt! Their clothes were filthy and patches of their shirts were burnt up and turned to ash! Their hair was spiked up and their split ends were singed. You smirked as you skipped up to them, their backs faced you. You wink at Gandalf and pinch Pippin's arm, making him jump and turn around to face you. His face immediately lit up.

"Y/N! Took ya long enough!" He gave you a side hug as if not to get you dirty.

You giggle as you point down at his burnt clothes. "What did you do, Pip?"

Pippin chuckled nervously and scratched the back of his neck, staring down at the ground in embarrassment. Merry spins around from drying Pippin's clean dishes and smiles at you. He answers for his friend.

"We set one of Gandalf's big fireworks off! Got a little burnt but it was TOTALLY worth it!"

You and Pippin chuckle. Merry, your cousin, was such a troublemaker. When Pippin started following him around when they were Tweens, he got into more trouble then he used to.

Gandalf gave Merry and Pippin a glare, smiling at you. "And it WON'T happen again now will it, Meriadoc and Peregrin?"

"No, sir!" They replied right away, in fright.

You laugh and wave at the wizard in greeting. Merry turned back around, away from the conversation, and continued to do his punishment with dishes. You grinned in Pippin's direction. "You deserved it, you prick!"

"Now that's not very nice, flower." Pippin turned to you with a smirk.

You giggle with a small blush. He always called you a flower.

He became silent as he looked you up and down with a childish, innocent smile. "You look charming by the way, Y/N."

You were speechless. You didn't giggle or smile this time. You just blushed fiercely and stared at the ground, playing with your hands and shuffling your feet nervously. Finally, you found the courage to turn the awkward silence into a joke.

"Right back at cha. Oh, wait-!" You laugh at his dirty soot clothes and he couldn't help but laugh with you.

You two turn silent again, but it wasn't an awkward silence this time. You two were just smiling kindly and looking into each other's eyes. You noticed, even with soot, he still looked handsome.

Before you knew it, you both leaned in for a kiss.