Thorin #2

(Based off of song: Best Friends Brother by Victoria Justice. Kili and Fili (Best Friends with you) Thorin is their (brother/uncle) So the story is based on you being best friends with the Durin brothers, and you love their uncle *sorry I love Thorin too much)

'I call you up when I know he's at home.'

You knock on the door of the house as the Blue Mountain breeze brushes through your skin, making you shiver.

'I jump out of my skin when he picks up the phone.'

The door opens and instead of your Durin brothers...their uncle, Thorin Oakenshield answers. You pale slightly and nod your head towards him.

"My king."

"M' lady." he nods with a grim face.

'How can I tell if he's looking at me? Should I give him a smile? Should I get up and leave?'

"Um, are your nephews home?" you smile shyly.

"Indeed." Thorin steps aside so you can enter.

Once you walk inside, he shuts the door behind you and walks over to his table with books and maps, his finger pointing to the other room.

"They are just waking up. They shall come out in a moment."

'I know it's strange, I don't know what I'm thinking...but is it wrong if I see him this weekend.'

You decide to wait and, with his back facing you, you examine his face.

Tired and weary face, blue eyes in wonderland, scruffy beard, black hair and silver streams flowing through it. He looked very handsome to you. You loved every little second of being with him.

Then something caught your eye...the maps he was reading. They were of the Lonely Mountain...

"Erebor?" You asked as you looked over Thorin's shoulder.

He only gives you a glimpse then back at the map. "Yes. I had a restless sleep last night just thinking about it. I..."

He regretted saying THAT much to you. You placed your hand nervously on his shoulder, afraid he would swat it away.

"Go on," you say kindly.

Thorin sighed, as if glad he could talk to you. "I was thinking of reclaiming our homeland."

You step back, stunned. Reclaim it? From a DRAGON?! Thorin stood as you stepped away, his eyes never leaving yours.

"Have you lost your mind, dear dwarf?" You asked with sympathy. You had forgotten manners of calling him your king, but you didn't care! You spoke to him as a friend this time, asking him to rethink this mad idea.

"What is wrong with the beauty of the Blue Mountains?" you continue. "It has given everything you can ask for! Food, shelter, love, and peace."

"Erebor could provide us with more," Thorin said in a serious matter of way.

"Erebor is gone, Thorin," you say it only a little bit above a whisper, and it was the first time you have spoken his name to him. The words 'Erebor' and 'gone' stunned him, you can tell. By the way his shoulders fell and the way he looked away from you. You sigh in frustration and look back down at the map before cursing.

"Very well." You snap. "But I get to come along."

You weren't even thinking, but really you didn't care. Thorin looks back at you in anger.

"No. Absolutely not!"

"You want to reclaim Erebor? Fine. But only if I come with."

"I don't think you heard me, Y/N. I say what's to say. And no! You cannot come with us!"

"You KNOW I'm good with a sword. You KNOW I'm good at navigating! So even if you DO decide not to take me with, I'll just follow you anyways!"

"I will not be guaranteeing you a safe journey!"

"I'm not asking for one! If you're going, and if Fili and Kili are going, then I'M GOING TOO!"

Thorin growls. "Why?"

You blush, but you keep a straight face. You believe he knows exactly why, but you give him a different reason.

"Because if I lose you to a dragon like I lost my father, then my world might as well crumble to the ground and I might as well die!"

Thorin's straight face changed very little, but his blue eyes have grown soft. He knows how you feel. He SAW your father being burnt to death by Smaug and he himself thought it was his duty to go to you and your mother and explain his death personally. He felt connected to you and you feel loyal to him for that. Tears brimmed in your eyes as you looked away, but they refused to fall. Thorin walked slowly to you, you try to back away but a wall has stopped you in your tracks. His body inches closer to you and when he's close enough, the two of you were sharing the same air. He places his hands on your hips, slightly smirking.

"Is that all?" he asked.

You didn't want to hide it anymore. You hated keeping things from him. You gathered up your bravery and stood tall.

"And...Because I love you, Thorin Oakenshield."

In answer, you feel his lips touch yours for only a second before he said,

"I love the way you say my name."

Then he fully kisses you, a little rougher but passionately. In the other room, The Durin brothers are trying to keep in their laughter as Fili hands a gold coin he lost to Kili as you began to kiss Thorin back.

"Didn't I tell you he liked her?" Kili roared with laughter.