Bilbo #3

You hear your husband growl in frustration in the office room and you set down your book on the rocking chair and looked outside to figure out what time it was. The sun stood directly above Bag End as the rest of the Shire goes about happily on in happiness. But ever since the Lonely Mountain...

You and Bilbo have grown distant from all the other Hobbits.

You walk into the other and knock on the doorframe. "Bilbo?"

He was at the desk, back faced you, writing in his book again. He turned at his name and his frustration frown turned into a smile when he saw you.

You smile back and lean in the doorframe. "Did you forget to write a part of the story again?"

Bilbo chuckled. "No. I just can't find a title for it now."

You giggle and the two of you awkwardly sat there in silence for a moment. He finally sighed and held out his hand to you. "Come here."

You smile and take his hand, walking over to him and sitting on his lap, looking down at the blank page on the front inside cover of his leather book. You think to yourself for a moment before smiling and grabbing the ink pen and writing down a title idea, blocking it with your shoulder so your husband couldn't see what you were writing. Bilbo furrows his eyebrows and tries to look over your shoulder, his hand on your hip. You lean back and sigh at your work, letting Bilbo finally read it:

'There and Back Again
A Hobbit's Tale 
By Bilbo Baggins'

He grins widely from ear to ear, turning to look up at you and kissing your cheek.

"You're amazing, you are!"

You giggle and cringe playfully when Bilbo tickles the crook of your neck with his mop of curly light brown hair. You laugh and wrap your arms around his neck, your height a little taller than him since your in his lap and all;)

"You always underestimate me, Mr. Baggins." You wink.

He smiled in the crook of your neck. "I would never imagine that, Mrs. Baggins."

(((((Am I the only who thinks that Mrs. Baggins had a good ring to it? Hehe 'ring' get it?)))))

You giggle again and the two of you just sit there, your hands playing and twining together out of boredom. You smile to yourself when your hands entwine and you notice the wedding ring on each of your hands. One wedding band on his thick, gentle fingers and a small diamond ring upon your small, slim one.

The two of you never really thought about settling in much after you got married in Erebor. You always thought the two of you would go anywhere BUT The Shire after you left the Lonely Mountain. Sadly, Gandalf had other plans for you and forced the two of you to go home and back to your original (now boring) lifestyle. But, Gandalf's not here now...and Bilbo thought of that before you did.

"Let's journey to Rivendell." He said out loud.

"What?" Your eyes widen in disbelief.

"Y/N," He smiled at you. "You know and I know we're both tired of this place. Gandalf won't be visiting for another year and not to mention Rivendell isn't TOO far. Besides, Lord Elrond would be more than happy to let us stay for a while. I'm not only a Baggins, but I'm also a Took and the Tookish side of me wants to go on another adventure with my lovely wife!"

You blush and stare out the window in front of you for some time. You remember when you were a little girl that you would take upon Bilbo's offer right away, and then you grow older and as a teenager, you started worrying about other things. Education...Find a Hobbit Hole...Get Married...Start On A Family...

You blush. You and Bilbo DID think on having children once, but the idea slowly vanished along with the boredom that started to grow around Bag End.

You were Bilbo's wife, he knew everything about you and everything you thought about. So he knew just by looking at your face you were thinking about future children running around the hobbit hole and Bilbo sighed happily. He smiled to himself when he remembered the time the two of you talked about having kids and his hands tightened around you as he held you close.

"Y/N..." he sighed. "I promise...ONE more adventure before settling down. ONE more adventure with you next to me is all I'm asking."

You sigh, a small giggle following as you leaned down and kissed his forehead lovingly.

"Deal."

He smiled and tilted his head so your lips found his own instead. In the middle of the kiss he mumbled, "When we come back, we can start on our little family."

"I promise. But for now, let's go on another adventure before we get too old."

And he took your hand and led you out the door for one more Fairy Tale to occur.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Four years later, you and Bilbo decided not to have children, because the two of you were happy enough to adopt Frodo together when his parents' unfortunate death occurred. Frodo was only three years old so it felt like he was your own son the whole time you raised him. You and Bilbo don't mention Frodo's parents in the house, because not only Frodo, but Bilbo still mourns once in a while. Frodo's parents were family to him after all. But even though you couldn't have children of your own, you didn't mind raising a toddler like he was your own son. Childbirth wasn't really your thing anyway;) And even if it wasn't the family you and your husband had planned for in the past...

It was still perfect in Bilbo's eyes.

((Sorry I've never really written a chapter about married couple fluff before. I regret not doing it before and I swear I will do more! Because this was awesome! I can SO picture Martin Freeman playing Bilbo and playing with a little boy actor playing Little Frodo!))