This Aaliyah biopic... Bruh

This movie was so horrible..  God I didn't think movies could be that bad.

I gave the damn a chance seeing as things with Aaliyah's family and her legacy never seen to go through .. IE the album that was supposed to be produced years ago but the fact that her family gave permission then took it back once this media was started talking about it. Not trying to come off harsh or nothing but that's kind of wishy washy.

And the label Background that her family owns is the same label that had or has Jojo the singer (you know the one "Get out,  right now" early 2000's ) voice under contract as in she couldn't release basically any of her music for profit because the label owned her voice legally from a bad contract her and her mother signed when she was 15.

Anyway though that's another story but this movie was so disrespectful like if the movie didn't have Aaliyah's name in you wouldn't have known it was a biopic...  They didn't have the rights to her music or input from her family at all.  It was just a mockery.

They didn't even include DMX at all and if you know anything about Aaliyah you know they are close... They just summed up Missy Elliot and Timberland's to music and that wasn't their entire relationship, they had a genuine real friendship.

Rashad.. Her brother was important to her and they just summed it up to basic brother and sister relationship. But they did at least pick someone who looked like him.

They only focused on basically her relationship with R Kelly in the beginning of her career and it lasted a whole hour into the movie..  I mean come on.

They didn't show the crash or leading up to it period and it's real footage of Aaliyah on set on Rock The Boat which was a couple hours before she passed.

It was just distasteful and wrong,  the girl didn't look, sound,or dance like Aaliyah AT ALL.  She was corny and awkward and lord don't me started on the guy they casted as Dame Dash.

Since when was Dame Angry Man Dash ever a smooth talking pretty boy who licks his lips every other word. When I think of Dame Dash I think of flipping tables over in New York record companies cause they won't support their artist like they should not the guy they portrayed.

Movie was trash and Aaliyah deserved better now watch Wendy Williams play it off tomorrow on her show like the movie was good when she knows it wasn't. The movie probably had good ratings because people tuned in but only to see how if it was as bad as everyone said.

I wished I hadn't watched,  it was just disrespectful to her legacy.

RIP BABY GIRL