Comments

Felix POV

"Wait what happened?" I asked Changbin to repeat himself over the phone.

"We found Areum passed out." He said. "So I can't come meet up with you."

"Yeah, whatever about that, but what happened to Areum?" I demanded for an explanation.

"Oh, well, she's awake now, but someone has to watch her." He explained. "So that's what I'm up to." He paused. "Don't worry, she's alright now."

"Alright, hyung." I said. "Make sure she's okay, I'll see you later."

"Bye." He hung up.

I looked at Seungmin and Hyunjin, explaining to them why Changbin was not coming. They were fine with it, through, Hyunjin seemed a little iffy on it. Both Seungmin and Hyunjin asked what was up.

"You know I used to like her." He said the words bitterly. "I still care a lot for her... I hope she's alright."

"I'm sure she is." Seungmin said. "Plus she's in Changbin's hands."

"That's what makes me even more worried." Hyunjin joked. We all laughed along.

"How do you think she's holding up?" Seungmin suddenly asked. "You know, about how her parents... and all that."

"She hasn't said anything." I shrugged. "She seems to be alright... I wouldn't bring up the topic but she doesn't seemed to be so affected anymore."

"We all know how she lies though." Seungmin pointed out. "If I'm being honest, she's a really good liar when she wants to be, but at the same time really honest too."

"That's true." Hyunjin agreed. "I guess we'll never know unless she really tells us."

"Yeah." I agreed, thinking of what could really be going on with Areum.

I had had many conversations with her. They were in English to make both of us more comfortable. When we spoke, I found that she told me a good deal of things from her life but still hid exclusive things. I assumed that she would tell those things only to Haneul or possibly no one. I remembered when we were in the bus and she was talking with Haneul. I had watched to see what I could pick up from body language. What I saw? She just seemed to be comfortable talking to Haneul. However, I could tell easily that she could still be hiding something from us. Was she?

~*~

Areum POV

"Am I actually going to do this?" I whispered to myself as I paced my room. It was New Year's Eve and I was preparing to go over to Changbin and Minho's place where everyone else would be meeting. "I'm actually doing this..." I stared at the ten papers, now in envelopes, on my table. "I can't take it more, might as well..." I said as I went to my closet to pick out an outfit.

I picked out a gray oversized sweater and black leggings. On top, I added a navy jacket with fleece on it. I left my hair down and added only a tiny bit of makeup. Sighing as I looked at the mirror, I did a full spin. Ew, I thought to myself. I'm so fat. I shook my head and walked out of the bedroom to the kitchen where I would wait until it was time for me to actually go next door.

Being bored, I decided to go on youtube and see if I could find anything to watch. Normally, I would resort to fancams of the Stray Kids performances, but recently, I had stopped watching those. Today, I felt like looking at them again, I was pretty bored after all. I clicked on the performance with Haneul and Grace in it. Instead of watching the performance, I read the comments.

BangChansBaby: Oh gosh, they're dancing is so amazing. Who are those girls though?

Aussiex3OiOiOi: Wow, I can't believe they did that, I need to see this live!

SkzSquirrel: Ew, look at those girls. They shouldn't be dancing with those gems.

MeanhosGirl: Did you see how he looked at her? 1:34

Foxy: Those girls can move! They look terrific, I need another collab.

Changlixxx101: I just have to say, I love that girl's outfit. She actually looks so cute. Plus, her chemistry with those guys... uwu

BearBaby: Are any of them in relationships?????

OneandonlyPrince: Gross, look at that girl! 00:23 ... Her body is so disproportionate. I don't mean to be rude, but seriously, look at her.
               MyDaySkzArmy: Why would you say that? She looks fine!

Sighing, I stopped looking at the comments. Staring at the clock, I realized that I had already let an hour pass by. I had been staring at the comments that long? Not the first time though.

My heart dropped as I recalled the comments I had read earlier in the year. They were just about the same as now. Some were encouraging, but most of them were people being upset about the us girls with them. There were lots of negative comments. Those were the only ones that seemed to stick to me. Back then and now.

I did my best to brush off the thoughts as I thought about the past few days. I had been cooping myself up for the most part after the incident of Changbin finding me passed out on the rooftop. Again. I had been contemplating with myself about whether I wanted to go through with my plan. Was I really ready for it? I questioned myself. But did I really want to live with myself if I did not?

Suddenly, a few texts broke through my thoughts.

Lee Minho
Come over?
We're bored and no one's here yet.

Areum

That bored?You have Bin.

Lee Minho
Please?

AreumFine. Be there in 10.

I went to my room and looked through my jewelry. Which did I want to wear? I mean, it was not like it mattered, but I wanted the last thing they looked at to be presentable and nice. In the end, I chose to wear the necklace from Jisung. I wore the bracelets from Hyunjin and Minho on one wrist while I wore Haneul's on the other.

I looked at the envelopes on the table. Grabbing my mini backpack, I grabbed the envelopes and put them in the bag along with my phone and headphones. I took one last look in the mirror and sighed. I'll never look good... I'll just go out like this. I thought to myself as I slung the bag on one shoulder. Turning off the lights, I headed out with my shoes in hand instead of wearing them.

"You're finally here." Minho opened the door before I could knock.

"Um, and how did-" He cut me off.

"I heard your door open and close." He opened the door to let me in. "You're not wearing shoes?"

"You're next door," I shrugged. "I figured I wouldn't need to wear them and just take them off a few seconds later."

"Fair." He nodded and closed the door behind me while I put down my things.

"Areum~" Changbin called out from the couch. Smiling a little, I went over and sat beside him. He put his arm around me atop the back of the couch.

"What's this for?" I rose a brow when I felt his arm around me.

He shrugged. "I'm not allowed to do this?"

I shook my head. "It's just that you never do." I chuckled.

I watched as Minho rolled his eyes and walked to his room. Furrowing my brows, I wondered why he called me over but left me with Changbin. Shrugging it off, I got comfortable and watched whatever it was that Changbin was watching.

--------------------

How's it going? We're reaching the climax and it's coming by fast. 

What are you excited for in 2020?

ImaginationIsKey1801 Thanks for commenting and liking the previous chapter :)

Guys, I am trying to do my homework over the Christmas break (yes, I have homework), yet I get too distracted and I just don't feel like it. Tips?

See you tomorrow!!