Roof Tops & Dance Studios

Seungmin POV

The others were still silent. Occasionally, one of us would try to break the silence. It was hard though. I did my best to get some kind of conversation going. Yet, the conversations could not hold out for much longer than two minutes. Sighing, I got up and left them at the table. They all seemed to wonder where I was off to, but did not seem to care enough to go after me. Eventually, I found myself going up to the school's roof. It was the place that I loved to be when I needed to be alone. The others found this place to do the same wonders on them. Because of that, we all decided to respect each other's space when we were up there.

Today, I was not alone up there. That was normal. It was not often that a student could be completely alone on the roof at the lunch hour. However, the person up here was someone who was never up here. She looked over the school grounds, seemingly as an observer. As I stepped closer, she whipped around. I guess I was too loud.

"Seungmin-ah?" She breathed out a sigh of relief when she realized it was me.

"Hey, Areum," I said, going up to where she was leaning on the ledge. "Why so surprised?"

"Thought you were the older kids." She replied, turning back to the field. "I think they're out to get me."

"How come?" Suddenly, I was interested. Why would anyone be out to get Areum?

"They don't seem to like me." She said as if it were not a problem. "Don't worry about it."

"I am worrying," I said with a nervous laugh. "Some kids around here can be really mean you know?"

"I know." She nodded as if she had experienced a lot in her first three months of being at school. "Being new doesn't make it any easier."

"Come down would you?" I said after a minute or two of awkward silence. "The guys are being so quiet and I can't stand it."

"For your sake?" She turned her head to me. "Sure." She grabbed her bag from the ground and walked away. I heard her feet pounding the steps quickly as she practically sprinted down the stairs. It took me a moment to register that she was so much further ahead and that I would have to catch up. Once I realized that she was at the bottom, I began to run down, trying to catch up to her.

~*~

Areum POV

Areum
Where are you guys?

Lee Felix
We're at a dance studio.

Areum
Ohhh okay.

Lee Felix
The others want to see you.
Come join us!

Areum
Where you at? I'll come by.

Lee Felix
That dance studio a block away from the school.

Areum
Got it. I'll see you there Lix.

Lee Felix
Okay, Areum! See you there.

Dance studio? Shrugging, I went to my closet to pick out an outfit. I was contemplating on whether to get something that just looked nice or get something that I could actually dance in. In the end, I decided for something that I could dance in. My top was a black cropped hoodie that had some mesh material at the top. The mesh had flower print all over it which made the material not so see through. On the bottom, I wore a pair of light wash jean shorts and shoes, I wore white vans. I decided on not wearing makeup and just putting my hair up into a ponytail. Grabbing my keys and wallet, I stuffed them into my bag, along with a bottle of water and my phone. Then, I turned off the lights in my apartment and ran out the door to the dance studio.

 Then, I turned off the lights in my apartment and ran out the door to the dance studio

~*~

Hyunjin POV

"Yes, Hyunjin!" Jeongin was cheering for me while I was dancing to a choreography that Chan had made. Once I finished, the boys all clapped for me as I bowed and sat down. Taking my water bottle, I chugged down the water and wiped the sweat off my forehead. Chan asked us all to get up and get ready to practice the choreos we had created. He gave us five minutes of a break before we started.

"Hyung?" It was Seungmin and Jeongin.

"Yeah?" I put down my water bottle and looked at them.

"Can you help us?" Jeongin asked. "Please?

"Sure." I got off the floor and stood up beside them. "What do you need?"

They asked me to show parts of the routine and to help them perfect it. They probably could not get as much control over their bodies which was why they needed the help. I did my best to explain everything thoroughly and demonstrate in the five minutes that we had. Just as I finished, Chan told us to get into positions. Walking over to my spot, I looked at the mirror. Ew, my hair is a sweaty mess. I thought as I ran my hand through my hair. Shrugging, I got ready to dance. Quickly, I went through a routine. Block everything out. There are only three things in this world right now. I thought to myself. Only three things. Your team, the dance choreo, and you. I said to myself in my head. We ran through the choreo once. Then, the next song came on in an instant, then the next, and that is where Chan told us to stop. The concentration in my mind faded and I looked up when I heard clapping from the doorway. It was slow, not in a mocking way, but the clapping was still slow as if trying to encourage us, but trying to be quiet. The others began to realize that someone had been watching us the entire time. Jeongin was the first to make a move. He ran from his spot to our visitor and embraced her.

"You made it!"

--------------------

Is this getting boring? I'm sorry, I'm not the best writer ;-;

Also, I found out that Minho had a stand-in for Side Effects??? (See their Couch Talk) I never realized, but looking back at the video, I can see that it was not Minho.

See you in the next chapter!

Update 5/22/2020: Since I have so many people supporting my book (THANK YOU) I will be doing the shout outs in chapters that came before when the shout outs started. Thank you <3

Thanks Jibooty-stan-4-eva for supporting my book!!!