Birthday

??? POV

Thousands of messages flooded my phone. It was getting annoying. Sighing, I decided to finally look through those messages that have been popping up all evening.

The Prince
So, what are we doing for tomorrow?

Kangaroo
Well obviously something for Areum. Ideas anyone?

Dandy Boy
Something special! Anyone know what she likes?

Desert Fox

No... she seems to like music though.

Binnie
When do we plan on surprising her?

4D Alien
Let's go to her house.

Squirrel
No! You creep!

4D Alien
I'm not a creep, excuse you. I just happen to know where she lives!

Binnie
Creep.

4D Alien
Yah!

Memelix
Hyung, they aren't wrong.

4D Alien
I thought you were on my side. :(

Bear
Stop fighting and figure out what you're going to do for her birthday already!

At that point, I decided to stop texting in the group chat. There was no way that they would take it seriously enough. I ended up texting Woojin-hyung to text me with the details instead.

~*~

Areum POV

I woke up and looked at my clock. It was 8 am. I reached for my phone and sleepily got a hold of it. There were a few texts that said Happy Birthday. Looking through each one, I replied saying thank you to each person who remembered my birthday. Just as I was about to reply to the last text, my doorbell rang. Who could be at the door right now? I wondered as I got out of bed, fixing my PJs just a bit and putting on my slippers. Lazily, I got to the door and opened it. To my surprise, my cousins had come.

"Jihoon? Bora?" I opened the door as I questioned what they were doing. "You said you had classes or lessons today."

"We do normally," Jihoon said, making himself comfortable on my couch.

"We just skipped," Bora replied, handing me a gift bag.

"Oh, thank you!" I smiled and gave her a hug. "You didn't have to."

"Of course I did." She sat on the couch opposite of Jihoon.

I chuckled as I took a seat in between them.

Those were my cousins. They were pretty different but alike as well. Bora had never dyed her hair and right now, she had straight, medium length hair that she normally would make wavy. She is four years older than me, making her twenty years old right now. Jihoon was four years younger than me but seemed so much more mature. He had a tousled look all the time, but even so, he still had a mature vibe to him. He had really grown up since I last saw him, but I liked how he had. It was not that he was bad before or that he was now. I just like how he is now for some reason.

"Noona, come outside with me for a second." Jihoon got up to go out to the balcony when Bora had excused herself to use the washroom.

"Oh, sure." I nodded and followed him out.

"I wanted to give you this." He went into his sweater pocket and got out a box.

So that's why he had his hand in those big pockets this whole morning. I thought to myself. He handed to me so I took it from his hands and opened the baby blue box. As my eyes landed upon what it held, I gasped. Looking up from the box and to him, I smiled with shock. There is no way he just got me this. No way. I could not take my eyes off of what was before me. It was beautiful and I had never dreamed of having this. Closing the box, I went in for a hug and held him close to me. He was stunned at the sudden move but returned the hug after about two seconds of not knowing what to do.

"Jihoon, thank you," I whispered. "It's expensive no?"

"It was, I guess." He let go. "But it's for you."

"Why did you wait till we were alone?" I looked at him seriously.

"Because I wanted to surprise you but not make Bora feel bad." He said innocently.

"Well, thank you Jihoon." I smiled, ruffling his hair a bit in the process. "What will I do without you?"

--------------------

Alright, this was more of a filler chapter, but some drama is to come, don't worry ;)

Also TMT... loved it. I keep watching it because I really love it. It's gotta be one of my favourite songs by Stray Kids. The meaning tho... so deep. I'm really happy that Minho is getting some recognition though! Not that he never does, but he seemed to really stand out in the comment section (when I was looking through it) and I'm really happy about that. He only has one line to repeat three times and one other line and he got so much recognition! Good for him :)

See you in the next chapter!

Update 5/22/2020: Since I have so many people supporting my book (THANK YOU) I will be doing the shout outs in chapters that came before when the shout outs started. Thank you <3

Thank you to LittleMissManatee for supporting my book!