Let Me Be

Felix POV

I was wandering the school as I had just finished doing an extra class and was not going home quite yet. As I walked by the bathrooms, I heard a commotion. Laughter from a few girls. It sounded mean, it sounded like they were bullies, but who was I to judge? I stood around, wanting to know what was going on.

"Ha, we got her." A voice said.

"No one's here to save her this time." Another scoffed.

"Good job girls." I saw them exit the bathroom, but made it seem like I was minding my own business.

As they walked away, I watched intently, trying to make out what was going on. Suddenly, I recalled one of them. They were the girls who had been bullying Haneul and Areum in the cafeteria. Could they have been doing something in the bathroom to Areum or Haneul? In moments, my question was answered. Small whimpers asking for help were heard from the bathroom. Letting my instincts kick in, I walked in, not caring that I just went into the girls bathroom. Okay, maybe I did care a bit. Okay... A lot. But that is not the point.

"Help..." I heard from the stall farthest from the door.

I walked towards the stall and found something blocking the lock from opening. Taking it off, I opened the door to find Areum curled up by the wall. She looked up at me, eyes brimming with tears. When she realized who I was, she looked back down and buried her head in her arms. I bent down to her level as she did so.

"Areum, what the heck happened?" I spoke in English.

"They..." She stopped herself. "It doesn't matter." She stood up. "Thanks for letting me out though." As she stood, I noticed bruises and cuts that had not been there before.

"You're hurt." I stated.

"I'm fine." She shrugged. "Plus, you guys here in Korea make such a big deal about some bruises and cuts." She walked out, me following. "For me, this isn't so bad. Of course, I'll have to take care of it, but what's the big deal?"

"The big deal is that someone hurt you." I said, grabbing her wrist as she tried to leave me once we had gotten out of the bathroom.

"Felix, I'm fine." She turned to me. "I don't need you to worry about me okay?"

"Yeah, none of us need to worry, Areum." I stated. "But we do anyways, can't you accept that?"

"Felix." She pulled her arm away. "I know you do. But I have reasons, okay? I don't want you to worry... can't you accept that?"

I stood there quietly for a moment. "Why can't you tell us what's going on?" I asked.

"I have my reasons Felix." She stated.

"What are they?" I persisted.

"It's not something for you to know." She looked away. "Stop asking why."

"Areum, you know I want to know why because I care." I grabbed her arm gently to make sure she listened. "Why can't you just tell me?" I paused. "Why can't you tell us?"

Again, she pulled her arm away. "Because I can't." She said harshly. "Why can't you just leave me alone?" She turned and walked away, leaving me to watch her leave.

~*~

3rd Person POV

Areum sat uncomfortably in front of Duri. She and Moonbin had been called for a "meeting."

"Okay so I'll just cut to the chase." Duri looked at the two. "You can stop dating and all that, I don't care about that anymore." She looked at Moonbin. "You're completely free now, just don't get in my way again."

Moonbin let out a breath. "Yeah, sure." He stood. "I have somewhere to be, thanks for freeing me though." He said before he left.

"You, on the other hand," Duri smirked. "Are free from this dating business, but you're not free from me."

Areum nodded slowly in response. "Alright then."

"You can leave," Duri shooed her away. "Go on, bye bye." She waved her away.

Areum stood and left. She had her coat on already and her backpack was with her. She walked out of the school to be met with Kyunghee by the doors. Kyunghee gave her a smirk while chewing on her gum. Areum simply rolled her eyes and walked right past her.

"Yah." Kyunghee grabbed her arm before she could go. "Don't forget, tomorrow's another day." Kyunghee gave her another smirk. "Christmas Countdown. Mm?"

"Yes, I'll remember." Areum rolled her eyes yet again. "You're going to be giving me gifts until the break."

"That's right." Kyunghee let go of Areum's arm and ruffled her hair. "I hope you enjoyed them so far."

"Yeah, sure." Areum scoffed. "Because I sure do appreciate being locked up in a bathroom, having a scene caused in the cafeteria, being pushed around in class, and everything else."

"Good thing you are." Kyunghee said sarcastically before pushing Areum back.

Areum shook her head as she walked away. She was on her way home after a long day at school. As she walked home, she let her mind wander. She wondered how she had become a victim of all these people. Why was it her? Why did life pick on her so much? She lost her family, she was being bullied, she had so much going on. Why was it that life hated her so much?

She let out a sigh as she thought of her family. She missed them all so much. She missed how she could have long talks with her dad, how she could play pranks with her brothers, and how she could cook with her mother. It was all gone now. The long talks, the pranks, the cooking... the love.

She thought that perhaps the boys and Haneul were supposed to be her healing. She was wrong. All she did was bring destruction and unhappiness to them. She brought trouble and often gave them hard times. Was it time to end that?

--------------

Last one for today!

Thank you ebi_fry for adding this to a list and voting!

What should I add for this story? Comment below!