Surprises

??? POV 

We entered the cafe and the boys swarmed us. Areum was practically holding onto me. She was still frightened and I guess she could not figure out what to do with her body. I had noticed when we were walking to the cafe; she was blanking out and seemed to trip over her own feet, not knowing what to do with her limbs. So, I decided to go over to her and put my arm around her and support her. She gratefully let me and we walked the rest of the way to the cafe and now here we are, surrounded by the boys.

"What happened?!" Jeongin said once he saw the look in Areum's eyes. "Noona?" He waved his hand in front of her eyes.

"She had... a bit of a mishap." I stared at my hyungs. "I think... I think we should give her a moment to sit and collect herself."

"Sure." The others nodded and I watched as Seungmin and Felix took the trembling Areum from me to sit on one of the couches that were attached to the wall.

"Woojin-hyung, Chan-hyung," I said, waving them over to a table.

The two looked confused as they followed me to the table. I guess they did not think that it was so bad. They sat down with concerned looks and told me to explain. So I did. I explained everything to them. How I had followed Areum when I saw her heading to the cafe. How I tried to get ahead of her by taking a shortcut and bumping into the man who was heading towards her. Everything. I told them I was worried. Because I was. Very worried.

"Well... she'll need to recover a bit." Woojin said, looking at me. "It's a good thing you were there, Hyunjin."

"Yeah." Chan looked at me. "Good job taking care of her." Woojin nodded in agreement with him.

Standing up, I asked them, "Shall we go join them?"

~*~

Areum POV

Just as I saw my saviour coming over, I got up and excused myself. It was not their fault. I did not leave because of them. I just needed to be on my own for a moment. I headed out and stood outside to get some fresh air. Thinking back on what happened, I was still frightened, but I was more upset with myself for not being able to save myself and not being able to fight back at all. I hated that I worried everyone too. Poor Hyunjin had to save me too, it must have taken a lot for him to go up to that man. That must have been so much on him. I thought. If only you could have saved yourself first....

I thought back on the conversation I had inside with the other boys. Seungmin in particular. He and Felix had gotten me to the couch, but he was the one who started the conversation and tried to take my mind off of everything. It did not work that well, but I was very grateful for him trying.

"Noona, are you okay?" He asked.

"Y-yes." I nodded and stared at him.

His face was awfully close to mine and I moved my head back. I thought he was going to try something like that man and started to fear what he may do. Instead of doing what that man did, he went in for a hug, trying to comfort me as best he could.

Smiling at the memory, I looked down at my feet. Suddenly, I saw a pair of feet by me. Looking up, I saw one of the boys looking at me with a concerned look in his eyes. He seemed to be afraid to speak to me, but he looked like he had something to say.

"What is it, Felix?" I asked calmly.

"Are you okay, Areum?" He asked me in English.

"Yes, I am," I replied back in English.

"Are you really?" He sat down in one of the chairs outside. I did the same.

"Yeah." I looked at him. "I just needed a moment to collect myself... alone." I said, looking at the empty street.

"Do you want me to leave?" He suddenly asked.

"No, of course not." I went back to looking at him. "I'm done collecting myself." I gave him a little wink.

"You're really okay?" He asked for the third time.

"Yes, Felix, I am," I emphasized the yes to show him that I was perfectly fine.

He nodded, understanding that I really was okay. Felix stood up and held out his hand to me. I took it as he told me that we should go inside. Once my hand lay in his comfortably, he dragged me inside. The lights were off and he let go of my hand, disappearing into the darkness. What the heck. I thought to myself, frowning in the dark. They better not be playing games with me right now. I looked around and started talking to the darkness.

"Come out already!" I yelled, putting my hand on a table, and trying to feel my way through. "Stop playing around!" I sighed. "I'll go home if you keep doing this!" I kept going around the dark cafe, looking for them and finally, the lights turned on and they appeared before my eyes.

~*~

??? POV

We were hiding and waiting, suddenly, the lights turned on. Reactively, all of us got up and started to sing to her. I held a cake in my hands and headed towards the shocked Areum. With a smile on my face, I continued to sing to her.

"Happy birthday dear Areum~" I sang. "Happy birthday to you!"

I held out the cake to her and she blew out the candles. Once she finished blowing them out, I set the cake on the table. The second I brought my hands up, they were filled again. Areum had practically leapt into my arms and hugged me tightly in happiness. She started saying thank you, over and over again. Finally, she let go and gave everyone else a hug. She told each one of us thank you, in a unique way each time. She seemed quite content, she had a huge smile on her face. It was all I needed to make my day.

--------------------

I hope you're enjoying this! It has just been your birthday! I know you guys probably won't have your birthday the same as Areum's, but I had to pick a date for a birthday soooo

See you in the next chapter!

Update 5/22/2020: Since I have so many people supporting my book (THANK YOU) I will be doing the shout outs in chapters that came before when the shout outs started. Thank you <3

Thanks to chloeyang12 for supporting my book!