Competition

Areum POV

After finishing my routine, I had looked up to see multiple boys staring at me. Minho, Changbin, Woojin, Chan and Hyunjin were watching me. The way Woojin and Changbin were looking at me was more-so normal. However, Minho, Hyunjin and Chan had a strange look in their eyes. I wondered why. Jeongin, Jisung, Felix and Seungmin were all talking about my dance while peeking at me every once in a while. They were being fanboys I guess you could say. My eyes went to the guys watching me instead, I wondered what was going through their heads. Shrugging it off, I decided to suggest something that I had just remembered from on my way here.

"You guys should join a competition," I stated. "You're all really good at performing, it's quite obvious." I wandered around the practice room for no reason. "I saw a flyer for one earlier. It was called Soul of Seoul."

"We're not good enough for that," Woojin said doubtingly, it seemed as though he was doubting himself more than the others.

"Oh hush." I walked over to him and nudged him. "You are great." I looked at all of them. "All of you are."

"I'm not confident enough for that." Jeongin piped up from the side.

"We can build your confidence," I replied. "Plus, you won't have to be in the spotlight 24/7, all nine of you will be on stage."

"What do you mean nine?" Seungmin stood up looking to me.

"All nine of you...?" I looked at them as if they should know what I mean. "What? Did I count wrong? Is there only eight of you?"

"No, silly." Chan came from behind me and put his hands on my shoulders. "He means that you should be on stage with us too.

"Oh..." I looked at them. "I couldn't, you're a team, I'm not part of it."

"Please!" Jisung said as he stood because everyone else was starting to stand up too.

"Yeah, you really should!" Felix nodded after understanding what the conversation was about.

I looked at all their faces. They were all full of hope. Even Changbin's, which was normally just a stone cold face, seemed to have a glimmer of hope in his eyes. Minho had the same one, but it seemed slightly different... I did not know why it was different though. Contemplating on what I should do, I thought back to when I was back home. Back to the times when I had my whole family around. Back to the times when I was confident and never was afraid because my whole family was behind me.

"How's this." I had finally decided on a compromise. "I won't perform with you, but I'll train you and if I feel like it, I'll enter myself."

The others looked at each other as if deciding with their eyes and body language. Jisung was looking at Felix, Seungmin at Changbin, Jeongin at Hyunjin and Minho at Woojin. Eventually, each of them turned their heads to Chan, giving him a slight nod. With that, Chan smiled and looked at me.

"They seem uncertain, they want you to be performing with us." He trailed off a little. "But we do want you as part of the team and if that's what we get, we'll take it."

With a smile, we shook on it and agreed. The others cheered and gathered around. I thought I might as well start as their trainer by telling them to start right away. So, after a bit of celebrating, I finally piped up.

"Alright! Let's start!" I clapped my hands together once. "Positions please!"

~*~

Areum POV

It had been two weeks and I have seen tons of improvement in the boys. They had already entered the first round and made it through. We were in the midst of training for the second round. A new song, new choreo, new stage, new audiences and new problems. People at our school had begun to figure out that these boys had entered into the competition. Some had actually seen the performance. The girls were all really happy, some even fangirling a bit about it. The guys in our school seemed to be a little down that they were not getting the attention, but were still happy for them. The boys, on the other hand, were thrilled but they all seemed really tired, which I felt bad about. Countless times, I would tell them to take a free day or even hours, but even so, they refused and would be practicing for hours on end.

"Noona?" A voice broke my thoughts. "Are you okay today?"

"Oh, yes I am Jisung." I smiled as I looked up at him. "Why do you ask?"

"Aren't you tired of training us, dancing with us a little here and there, and training yourself?" He took a seat beside me on the dance floor.

"Oh, just a bit." I looked at the mirror on the other side of the room. "Not really though." I lied.

"You seem tired." He handed me a bottle of water.

"Thank you." Gratefully, I took the bottle and took a few sips.

"Are you sure you aren't tired?" He said once I finished drinking.

"I'm sure." Again, I lied.

"You're lying." Minho was suddenly standing above us. "Don't lie, that's not what we do around here."

My cheeks turned a light shade of pink as I looked at him. "Well, whatever." I tried to stay cool about it. "Even if I'm tired, it isn't much." I shrugged. "I'm not as tired as you guys for sure."

"Don't lie," Minho stated as he walked away to Woojin and Chan.

"Yeah, Noona, don't lie," Jisung said, staying by my side. "We care, Noona."

"I'll try not to." Nodding, I looked at the others, they all seemed too tired to do much more. They could clearly use a break. "Guys!" They looked at me groggily. "Don't worry, I'm not asking for another run through." I smiled. "Let's go to the park, you guys need a break."

I got up and went to the couch by the door, grabbing my backpack and my coat while waiting for everyone else to get up with all their things. I let them all go out the door before I followed. Instead of me being last though, Hyunjin stopped and asked to walk with me so that I would not be the last. I agreed and closed the door behind us as we walked out of the building, down the sidewalk, heading towards the park for a long-awaited break.

--------------------

I'm really starting to doubt my writing... is it even that good? This story seems kinda trashy...

I'll keep posting for now I guess.

See you in the next one!

Update 5/22/2020: Since I have so many people supporting my book (THANK YOU) I will be doing the shout outs in chapters that came before when the shout outs started. Thank you <3

Thank you so much intothewild6for supporting this book!