Hurt

Chan POV

The boys and I were waiting in the practice room. It had been fifteen minutes since everyone had shown up and Areum still had not shown up. We were worried. She was never late. She was normally the first person here. We were all getting worried. Even today, in gym class, she was the one who reminded Woojin and me to practice. Yet, she was the one who did not show up. The others decided that they might as well start warming up. I, on the other hand, went outside to see if I could see her come by. No Areum. I headed back inside to tell them that I would head back to school and her apartment to see if I could find her. Again, one of them wanted to join me. This time, Hyunjin sat out of it since he had gone with me last time. They did one of those guess the number I'm thinking of with Hyunjin. The numbers were between 1 and 50. Minho guessed the number 37, which was closest to what Hyunjin was thinking, 40. Minho and I headed out and went on our search for Areum.

"Hyung." He asked once we got out and were walking towards the school.

"Yeah?" I looked over to him. This was a first, he was asking for me, and it seemed like he wanted advice.

"Do you like anyone?" He said in a chill tone, that did not seem too interested.

"Maybe." Shrugging, I kept going, unfrazzled. "Why, and do you?"

"Just wondering." He replied, not saying more. Not answering my question.

"How about you?" I tried asking again.

In silence, he walked ahead of me, nearing the school. Well, that was all I needed for an answer. Minho sure did like someone. Who could it be? My mind wandered at the thought of who it could be. Maybe his class rep? Shrugging it off, I ran after him and headed into the building.

"Hyung!" A shout was heard from the roof. It was a panicked scream. It was Minho's.

I ran up the stairs as fast as I could to get there. Once I reached the top, I spotted Minho on the ground, his arms around a girl, hair splayed over her face. He had her sitting up, head on his chest, probably so that she would not be lying on the floor. Quickly, I rushed over and uncovered her hair from her face. Her eyes were closed and she was breathing, but she was bruised all over.

"Who is this?" I looked at Minho.

"Her name is Kim Haneul." Minho looked up at me. "She's in my class... she's a friend of Areum."

"Since when?" I watched as the girl opened her eyes. "Oh, she's awake."

"Since... since you guys got into round one." She replied. "Where is she?" Haneul sat up and looked around.

"We don't know." I stood, helping her up.

"We have to find her." She let go. "Now."

"Why, what happened?" Minho asked frantically.

"No time to explain." She was already headed down the stairs. "Just find her!" Her voice faded as she went on her search.

~*~

Areum POV

I woke up on someone's back. Confused, I lifted my head and looked around. Where was I? Who was carrying me? And why? When did I give consent for this?!?! My eyes looked at the person carrying me. I almost let go of him when I realized who was carrying me, but by luck, I held on. He scoffed when he felt me tense up, not even looking at me.

"Awake now?" He said as we headed down a familiar street.

"What happened?" I asked instead of answering.

"We found you in the back of the school," He replied. "You were out like a light."

"Ugh." I put my head down, burying it between Minho's head and shoulder. Not realizing that it was him I was doing this to. He did not seem to be too affected by me doing so, but I could have sworn, his heart was beating faster. Maybe he was just tired of carrying me around. I let my head lay there as I let my thoughts run through my head.

"Wait!" I brought my head up and looked at him. "We need to go to the practice room!" I looked at my surroundings. "Why are we headed back to the apartment?"

"We told the boys to go home and we would explain later." He kept his cool persona on. "You are going home and taking a rest. Have you seen how hurt you are?"

"No." I tried to get out of his grasp, but he was too strong. "Hey, I can walk, you know."

"I know." He did not let me go anyways.

"You can put me down." I swung my legs a little.

"I can." He still continued to carry me. "That doesn't mean I will."

"Hmph." I looked away from him and around me instead. "Who is we?" I asked after a short silence.

"Chan, Haneul and me." He replied quickly.

"Oh my gosh, where is Haneul!" Suddenly, I remembered what had happened.

"Don't worry." He said, trying to calm me down. "She's with Chan."

"Oh..." I looked at him, and for once, he looked up at me.

"Do you want to be let down?" He stopped walking for a moment.

"Yes, please." I nodded.

He let me down, but he did not let go of me. Afraid that I would fall over, he kept his arm around me. It was good that he did so because the moment I had both of my feet on the ground and was not being supported by him, my legs hurt so badly that they practically gave out on me. Luckily, he caught me. He kept his arm around me, looking at me as if asking if I wanted to be carried again. Looking away from him, I took some steps, he followed, chuckling whenever my feet would trip over each other. The whole way, he kept his arm around me, helping me get back to the apartment. We talked a little here and there. He was very silent though.

"What happened?" He asked out of the blue. "Who did this to you?"

"People." My voice got quieter.

"Who?" He persisted.

"You don't need to know." I took his hand and pulled it away from me, getting out of his grasp, storming away, every step making the pain in my legs more unbearable.

--------------------

Alright, last chapter for today! Okay, so the reason I posted so much was that I wanted to get to this chapter today (the 25th one too!). I wanted to because the character introduced in this chapter is dedicated to Uchiha9TailedFox. I based a lot of things off of her and brought her into the story because she is such an amazing person. Now, as you read on Sof, it won't be exactly like you, and I hope that that is okay!

Uchiha9TailedFox is truly such a great person. I can't express this enough. She has brought out so many good things in me. I really can't imagine what life would be like without you! Let's just say, I have had so many struggles, she knows this, but she stuck by my side all the time. You know, to put it into an SKZ metaphor, I was a Stray Kid and she made me Stay. Thank you so much for everything you've done for me Sof! 사랑해요 <3 

Alright, see you in the next chapter!

Update 5/22/2020: Since I have so many people supporting my book (THANK YOU) I will be doing the shout outs in chapters that came before when the shout outs started. Thank you <3

Thank you Yodiaa2 for supporting this book!!!