His Past

Areum POV

I woke up and looked around. Wait a second... I blinked a few times and looked around. This isn't my home... where am I? I thought as I got out of the bed. My clothes from yesterday were no longer on. I had no recollection of changing, but I guess I did. It was a hectic day yesterday after all. Then I remembered, the boys and I had hung out late last night and I had fallen asleep at Woojin's house. He woke me up and got me to get changed into some of his clothes before I went to sleep because of how uncomfortable my clothes looked. (A/N What did you think it was?... You nasties... )

Lazily, I got out of the room and started to head through the hallway, downstairs to the living room. There, I found Jeongin and Woojin eating breakfast. By now, I thought Jeongin would have gone home. Guess not. Woojin got up and brought me to the table and put food on the empty plate.

"Eat." He said as he got back in his seat.

I did as told, but slowly. Sure, I was grateful for the food and all, but I was not one to eat a lot. The boys ate well, and watching them, I did my best to finish everything. Jeongin seemed to notice my struggles with eating a lot, and he looked as though he was debating on telling me to not finish or to make sure I ate.

"Noona, you don't have to finish everything if you can't." He said. "But make sure you eat enough."

I nodded and smiled, he smiled back, showing off his braces. We continued to eat, but I eventually stopped after feeling so full. Woojin took my plate for me and brought it to the kitchen, along with Jeongin's and told us to go to the living room or elsewhere and do whatever we wanted.

"You haven't gone home yet Jeongin?" I questioned as he lead me around the house, showing me everything about it.

"No..." He said quietly.

The way he said that... I knew I had struck a topic I should not have touched. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't ask."

"No, it's okay." He said, trying to cheer up. "Can I tell you a secret?"

"Of course Jeonginie." I smiled, trying to show him my support.

"Eomma left when I was little." He sighed. "Appa gave up."

My eyebrows rose when he said that. His head hung low and I could tell he was trying to hide his face. Instead of letting him, I put my arm around his shoulder, patting his shoulder to show that I was there for him. He lifted his head and turned himself fully to me so that he could be in my embrace. I held him tight as he silently let his tears flow down his cheeks. He started to hiccup a bit and I rubbed his back, and soon he stopped. He stepped away from me, wiping away his tears and started to sniffle. I took his hand gently and pulled him to the room that I had slept in so that we could talk.

"My brothers..." He trailed off.

"Your brothers?" I asked, letting him continue.

"They went with Appa," Jeongin said. "They left me behind here in Korea."

"Where did they go?" I put my hand on his and let my thumb make circles on the back of his hand.

"They left to America. They didn't tell me." He looked up with me. "Hyung went because of his studies, Appa followed and he favoured my dongsaeng so he took him and left me."

"Oh..." I pulled him closer to me as he let out a few more tears.

We sat on the bed in silence as he cried. My hand continued to go up and down his back as I tried to soothe him. After a few minutes, he eventually calmed down. Or so I thought. I looked down at him and found him sleeping against me. Smiling, I did not move. I wanted to stay the way we were for just a while. He was so adorable, I smiled at the thought. My arm went around him and grabbed the blanket at the end of the bed. Unfolding it, I put it around him and was about the set him down. Suddenly, the door opened and Woojin looked at me concerned. He must have been looking for us. Apologetically, I looked at him and with my eyes and body language, I told him to wait for me to put Jeongin in the bed comfortably. The moment I set Jeongin down, he curled up in the most adorable way; I smiled and made sure the blanket was on him nicely before I left to chat with Woojin.

"He told you didn't he?" Woojin questioned me and lead me down to the hallway.

Nodding, I started to ask questions to him myself. "What's he doing here?"

"Back when his parents left, he didn't know where to go. He told all of us, but at the time, he was moving around different people's homes." Woojin explained. "Once I got my own place, I let him stay, and have ever since."

"When did this happen anyways?" I stared at the pictures that lined the wall.

"About four years ago." He answered. "You probably want to shower." He said, going to a closet and taking out a towel. "The bathroom's right there." He pointed at a door down the hall.

"Thanks," I said as I headed into the bathroom to take a shower.

~*~

Woojin POV

I wait in the living room and smiled as I heard singing. Then, I realized, that singing was coming from my own home. Soon, it stopped and I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Smiling, I stared at Areum and she looked at me funny as if I were staring for no reason.

"Nice singing," I said.

"Oh.. that..." She chuckled. "Thanks."

Just as we were going to say more, the door suddenly burst open.

--------------------

;-; Jeongin's part makes me sad. I want to protect little Jeongin.

Um, I just watched the dance practice for Side Effects (9 ver) and like that was uwu. Then I watched Minho's skz-talker (I think it was) and like I died. I am not okay. I repeat. I aM nOt OkAy.

Do you like this so far? Any critiquing you got? See you in the next one!!!

Update 5/22/2020: Since I have so many people supporting my book (THANK YOU) I will be doing the shout outs in chapters that came before when the shout outs started. Thank you <3

Thank you so much skzxtwicelover for supporting my book!