Chapter 1

Sapphire POVHi, my name is Sapphire Jones, also known as, Ms

Sapphire POV
Hi, my name is Sapphire Jones, also known as, Ms. Jones. I am a second grade educator at River Oaks Elementary School. Today marked the first day of school and my first day teaching on my own. I woke up at 5 am and headed to the gym. After my workout I went home and got into the shower. When I got out I dried off and put lotion on. I put on a all white panty set and my robe then went to do my hair. I straightened my hair and then did my light makeup. I went into my closet and put on a white turtleneck, black dress pants with a tie bow in the front, some tan booties to match my fur and the cardigan I had. I put on a gold necklace before packing up my macbook into my black and white large Vera Bradley teaching bag.

I got into my 2019 Honda Accord and made my way to Starbucks to get breakfast. I had a matte black cup so I got it filled with an iced coffee and I also picked up a breakfast sandwich. After I left Starbucks I went to the school. It was only about 10 minutes from my house and 5 from Starbucks so I made it there in no time. It was now 7:10, school isn't scheduled to start until 8:15 however we were supposed to arrive an hour early. I walked into school and scanned my badge on the time clock. I went over to the red hallway.

 I walked into my classroom and was so satisfied with how everything came out

I walked into my classroom and was so satisfied with how everything came out. I went to the closet in my room and put in my fur coat, as well as, my bag under my desk. I put on my tan cardigan and grabbed out my laptop. I had a text on my phone from my bestfriend.

Nova: Happy first day of teaching bestie! I'm so happy for you! On Friday, we are going out to celebrate your first week! I'm so proud of you, can't wait to hear about your day later! I love you!
Sapphire: Thank you bestfriend! I guess we can go out this weekend lmao. I love you too, I'll call you later to let you know how it goes!

I opened up my laptop and hooked it up to the smart board. I walked around my classroom and just made sure to get another feel for it. Then I put out the bag for each child. In the bag was a pencil case, a pack of pencils, a pack of markers, a pack of colored pencils, a pack of crayons, a pack of erasers, and under the bag was 3 composition books and 3 folders. The bags had their names on them that I had pre ordered. I know your probably thinking why am I doing so much when usually the kids get a list and have to buy it themselves. However, when I have had a teaching fund that I've been saving up for high school so I am able to help provide for the kids. So once my class list was finalized I emailed my students parents and let them know the only thing their child needs for school is a book bag.

When I finally set everything out I grabbed my phone and took a couple pictures of my classroom. Then my neighbor, Mr. Brooks came over.

Mr

Mr. Jackson Brooks

He said "hey Sapphire, you ready?"

I smiled and said "yes I'm excited. Is there anyway you can take my pictures? I'm corny I know but I'm excited."

He said "yeah I gotchu." He took pictures of me and said "alright now come take mine."

I said "I gotchu."  I laughed and took his first day pictures as well. I said "alright I'll see you later on, hope you have a good first day."

He said "thank you. See ya."

I went to my class and posted my pictures on my teaching Instagram.

@sapphirejones : first day of teaching starts now. years of preparation have led to this moment and im so excited to share it all with you.

When the kids finally came in I told them put their things in their assigned cubby and then find their desk. I said "goodmorning class, nice to meet you."

They said "goodmorning Ms. Jones."

Nigel POVWassup, my name is Nigel Smith

Nigel POV
Wassup, my name is Nigel Smith. I am a pediatric nurse practitioner at Texas Children's Hospital, where I work in the ER. I woke up at 5am to go to the gym before my shift at 8am. I got up and put on an outfit for the gym. I did my hour long workout before going home to shower. I put on my black scrubs and bright yellow crocs (the clog type). I put my badges on then got into my 2020 Black Nissan Altima.

When I got to work I clocked in then did my rounds checking on the patients in there. I know children were going back to school today, which meant there will be a few fake stomach aches, etc. some kids do anything to get out of school. I walked into a room and there was a little boy about 5 years old with a pained look on his face. I grabbed his chart reading over it, I said while writing on the white board "hey Kaleb, I'm Nurse Nigel."

He said "hi."

I said "so I see your belly hurts, can you tell me more about it?"

He said "my belly hurts a lot, it started this morning."

I said "ok, and did you use the bathroom this morning?"

He said "yes." We went back and forth talking about his pain, etc.

I said "do you mind if I feel your belly? If it starts to hurt you tell me where ok?"

He said "ok nurse Nigel."

After a little while I walked out and went back to the nurses station. Dr. Baker came around the corner and said "how's room 213?"

I said "Kaleb is having lower abdominal pain, he said it started this morning. Seems like he's in real pain. I would suggest an abdominal scan."

He said "alright, let them know."